How can I group items imported from LastPass? [try LastPass Converter script; see post #10]

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hello, I'm new here. I'm a happy LastPass Premium user, but want to try out 1Password as well (because of the better OS X / iOS integration).

How can I group items imported from LastPass?

The LastPass items were grouped in different folders in LastPass. The 1Password import function adds a field with the label "grouping" and the name of the LastPass folder as the value to each imported item.

However I do not see any way to automatically select all items that have a specific value for this field "grouping" (I was hoping to use Smart Folders).

How can I achieve this? (without manually splitting up the export/import CSV file)

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @XIII,

Depending on how unique the "grouping" values are, you could create a smart folder searching any value for the "grouping" value (old folder name):

Does that help?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII,

In addition to @JasperP's suggestion, a custom search / smart folder with this criteria could help match items with the grouping custom field label:

You could use that separately or combine it with the other one.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm afraid this is not going to work:

1. One of the LastPass folder names is the name of my main client, containing my work related passwords. However, I'm also a customer of their products and I have several accounts for their customer websites in my personal folders.
    2. All LastPass imported entries (currently being all entries) have the (custom?) "grouping" field

I would like to search for entries where the value is X for the field with name "grouping", but that can't be done?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII,

Would something like this work for you?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't tried it yet (My Mac is not turned on), but I don't think so:

Both folder (/grouping) "X" and title "X" (X being the name of my client) would match this query.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII,

The search criteria in that image will only matches items with field names of grouping having values of here/there, regardless of their titles.

Any field name and Any value both have other choices than is available:

Can you post an example (redacted if necessary) of the grouping field value for items that you'd like matched with a custom search / smart folder? For instance, one for a sample item I imported from LastPass data is Resources\My Review. Matches can be limited to just the Resources part before the backslash by using Any value begins with Resources or the My Review part after it by using Any value ends with My Review.

Or is it some other type of matching with grouping field values that you're trying to accomplish?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried it at work. It might indeed fit my needs.

Because of the "exact matching" when using "is" it will work as long as none of the other fields than "grouping" only contain the exact name of the folder. Since I have only used single words for those LastPass folders this might be fine.

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad you've been making headway with resolving this, @‌XIII. :)

… it will work as long as none of the other fields than "grouping" only contain the exact name of the folder.

You can avoid that by including Any field name is grouping with the search criteria, like in the post #5 image. If you press and hold the Option/Alt key when entering criteria, the plus (+) button will turn into an ellipsis () that you can click to enter All|Any|None of the following are true conditions:

That lets you create all kinds of fancy nested searches, e.g.:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Today I discovered and used the LastPass import script that MrC created.

Now all my LastPass folders are tags in 1Password. This makes managing them super easy. Thanks MrC!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII,

Happy to hear the tagging of LastPass folders in 1Password with @MrC's script worked well for you! Since you've been continuing the discussion with him over in that LastPass Converter for 1Password 4 topic I'll close this one now in favor of keeping that other one going. :)

This discussion has been closed.