Problems with multiple Gmail accounts

Options
glestephens
glestephens
Community Member

I am setting up 1Password on a MacBook, and not able to use logins for my three Gmail accounts. I have set up logins with new passwords for several other accounts, and 1Password signs me in to those web sites.

When I go to the login list and place the cursor over any of the Gmail accounts, it shows the correct nickname, user name and password. But when I double clock to log in, it always tries to sign in to another of the Gmail accounts. I get a Gmail screen for that other account and a message that the wrong password was entered. I don't understand why the information shown in the login list is correct, but it then tries to sign in to another of my accounts.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glestephens,

Please try using this URL with any Gmail Login item that's giving 1Password trouble and let me know the result:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?sacu=1&service=mail

You can add it to the item as an extra website URL field to test with if you don't want to change its current website field.

Thanks!

• glestephens
    glestephens
    Community Member
    Options

I changed the website field, and it works for each of the accounts, with one contingency. When I sign out of a gmail account, it takes me back to a Google page that lists all three of my accounts,with clickable links to each. The 1Password logins to any of these accounts won't work unless I have closed that Google page.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glestephens‌

I'm glad to hear that changing the website field allows you to log in to Google (provided that you don't have an open Google accounts page.) I'll mention that last bit to our developers to see if there's a way we can improve 1Password's behaviour here. Google's recent change to their log in system has created a few unique situations like this. :)

This discussion has been closed.