1P storing massive unnecessary data

Options
David_C
David_C
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

In researching a sync problem, I found this folder in usr/library/containers: 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper
It was about a Gigabyte in size. Why is it storing pictures, movies, music etc? I don't attach any of these in 1P. I saw another post that he said his folder of the same name was 30 GB. Can we keep 1P from storing this stuff? Any problem with deleting it?

Comments

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

It's not actually storing any of your other documents. The Containers folder is part of OS X's sandboxing functionality. 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper is 1Password's sandbox which contains references to the folders in your Home folder.

If you look closely at the icons for Desktop, Downloads, Movies, Music, and Pictures, you can see the "alias indicator" on the lower left corner. These are the references back to the actual data in your Home folder and don't actually contain that data.

The gigabyte of storage space might be due to 1Password's backups. For example, I currently have 190MB of backups from only a month's use of 1Password (these are stored in Library/Backups from the selected path in your screenshot.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I would add that this structure of many itmes in the Data folder applies to anything in Containers, it's nothing to do with 1PW.

This discussion has been closed.