new license for each Mac?

Options
drschwartz
drschwartz
Community Member

I want to install 1Password on my other Macbook Pro but the App Store doesn't give me a choice to just install, only to purchase. Could this really be true?!

TIA,
David

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Be sure that you are logged in to the App Store with the same AppleID that you used for your original purchase.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Make sure as @hawkmoth said to make sure you are signed into the correct account. However that may not 100% fix the erroneous display issue I occasionally see this from the app store.

What I I usually do is make sure I am signed in and if it still doesn't display correctly I click purchase one of those $ apps, that shows up in my purchased tab. Seeing it in the purchase tab just lets me know I really did purchase it. Plus if something is wrong in the store I want be charged for a large app purchase and have to wait on apple for a refund.

Every time so far It tells me you have already purchased this item would you like to download for free. So clearly their is some kind of display issue on occasion.

• drschwartz
    drschwartz
    Community Member
    Options

hawkmoth got it rightj, thx; now I'm just wondering how I force a sync ;-)

• samtheboo
    samtheboo
    Community Member
    Options

I do it by adding a random item, then removing it. It should sync twice (when created and deleted), just wait about 30 seconds between creation and deletion. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drschwartz‌

Sounds like you've been getting some great advice here already. I just wanted to mention the differences in sync behaviour. If you are syncing with Dropbox, 1Password will initiate a sync as soon as any changes are made to the database. If you are using iCloud, we do not have the ability to initiate a sync, so any change data will be updated in the sync location, and iCloud will sync on Apple's schedule. Sometimes this means that you may need to wait a few minutes before data changed on your desktop makes it to your iOS device and vice versa.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions! :)

• Christoph Morre
    Christoph Morre
    Community Member
    Options

How can I install 1Password on a second Mac, when I bought 1Password over the website "https://agilebits.com"?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you can install 1Password on all the machines of the same platform that you wish, so long as you are the user. If there are the second Mac has a different user than you, you should be adding another license, through the family pack if the other user is in your household, or a separate license if not.

You would validate the license on the second Mac with the same license file you used for the first one.

• Christoph Morre
    Christoph Morre
    Community Member
    Options

Do I have to buy another license for different user in my company? How can i validate the license on the second Mac. What file do you mean?

• Jasper
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Christoph,

AgileBits licenses are sold on a per-person, per-platform basis.

When you purchase from our online store,  a single-user license allows one person to use 1Password on any number of devices of the purchased platform (e.g., a 1Password for Mac single-user license is valid for all of your Macs). Once you add another person, it is time for another single-user license, or a family license (for family members living in the same household).

We offer multi-seat business licenses in our business store: https://agilebits.com/store/business

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.