Help with 1Password for Windows and IOS on iPad

124»

Comments

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

I have gone ahead with sync with Dropbox from the iPad. Apart from a few bits that haven't transferred, it seems OK. I will continue checking with all the items and come back when done. Thanks for the tip Fairgame, it was me not understanding that I needed to sync with Dropbox and not iCloud or Wi-Fi, as before. All adds to the learning curve and hoipefully will help others too.

YES, IT WORKED. Just been adding to my ipad and to my pc and both transferred that info within seconds whilst my ipad was connected to the same wi-fi and power.

Thank you all for help once again. What a great site this is for helping others.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

That is excellent.

YES, IT WORKED. Just been adding to my ipad and to my pc and both transferred that info within seconds whilst my ipad was connected to the same wi-fi and power.

Note that you should not confuse the syncing method with your iPad's method of connecting to the internet. If you use the recommended method of syncing via Dropbox, your files are synced via the Dropbox servers. It doesn't matter which Wi-Fi network you are connected to, the only thing that matters is that both devices are connected to the internet in some way.

Also, if you find that Dropbox syncing works for you, I recommend using only that and not mixing it with Wi-Fi sync, to avoid confusion.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

Sound advice, which will be heeded. I have left my iPad withthe Dropbox sync ticked and will not change it again. Thank you.

• Hi @Alex161,

That’s great, on behalf of Xe997 and others here, you’re welcome.

This discussion has been closed.