I click "\ + Command" and nothing happens... [check Sophos configuration]

Options
col_potatoe
col_potatoe
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

After returning home from a month long trip I went to sit at my computer and working on some bills and found that when I select "\ + Command" it does nothing. I have uninstalled the extensions for Safari 7.0.4 and Chrome 35.0....and reinstalled them to no success. Also when I click 1Password in the top menu it still says "Install Safari/Chrome Extension" like it doesn't see that IT IS installed. I find this feature of 1Password to be very helpful like many and I would enjoy having it return to working order. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @col_potatoe,

So we can investigate, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• col_potatoe
    col_potatoe
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

@JasperP, this is happening on 3 Macs. A Macbook Air and 2 Mac Minis. So a diagnostic report of my computer isn't going to be helpful as the problem is obviously bigger than one computer.

• col_potatoe
    col_potatoe
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌ I have also tried these solutions and have had no success. Even 1Password Mini shows at the menu bar when I click 1Password, "Add Safari Extension" or "Add Chrome Extension". It doesn't work on either browser on 3 Macs.

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/browser_validation_failed.html (1Password displayed there was a problem and sent me to this link one time)
    http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/25491/auto-submit-not-working-in-mac-app-store-version-of-1password-after-4-2-extension-update#latest
    I tried this, but didn't help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've never really used that shortcut before but when you wrote "/ + Command" is that the key combination you're trying? I only ask as for me it's "⌘ + \", the distinction being backslash instead of forward slash. Wouldn't seem to completely resolve your issue though as (again, I don't normally use it) it seems to be connected to 1Password mini rather than the Safari extension.

While the problem may be bigger than a single machine, you might find the diagnostic report still sheds light after being viewed by one of the experts over in AgileBits. The key combination works for me and I've not had any issues with the Safari extension. For example, maybe you have some piece of software present on your machines that I don't and the diagnostic report may reveal that is the source of the problem. From what I've seen they tend to only ask for diagnostic reports when they think the forums aren't going to resolve the issue.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @col_potatoe,

Like mentioned above, the shortcut is ⌘\, not \⌘. Please be sure that you press the keys in the correct order.

Please do send a diagnostic report, as it should help us get this figured out. The browser integration works correctly for everyone else, so there must be something on all three of your Macs that is going wrong. A report from any one of them should help.

• col_potatoe
    col_potatoe
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌ and @littlebobbytables‌ it was a typo. @JasperP I will send a diagnostic report.

• justinmacleod
    justinmacleod
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP I'm also experiencing this issue. It is not impacting all of my computers but the key combination does not work on my laptop in any browser. I've just sent in my diagnostic report. Hopefully this can help because its quite annoying to have to use the trackpad instead of the keyboard

• fotomut
    fotomut
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌ I am also experiencing the same issues with keyboard shortcut "Fill Login on current web page".
    I tried setting this value to a different keystroke combination and still it doesnt work. Also 1password mini is showing the "Add Chrome extension..." notice.

OS X 10.8.5 and Chrome 35.0.1916.153

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Thanks for sending in the reports, everyone! Someone from our email support team will review the diagnostic reports and respond as soon as they're able to. :)

• fotomut
    fotomut
    Community Member
    Options

Email support team helped me out in less than 24 hours. My issue had to do with a recent update to our Sophos client. Steps in http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/sophos.html fixed me up right quick!

Thanks team

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @fotomut. Thanks for following up here to let everyone know that (re)configuring Sophos resolved your problem. I've appended the suggestion for checking that to the title of this topic.

• col_potatoe
    col_potatoe
    Community Member
    Options

@fotomut‌ is correct. The solution to this problem was Sophos Anti-virus client. Thanks to Scott with email support for helping me solve this problem. Case closed!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @col_potatoe‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're all sorted out! We're here for you if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.