Two Page Sign-ins not working in 4.2 (mac store version, with script update)

Options
dbwarner5
dbwarner5
Community Member

Many banking sites split the username page from the password page. Version 3.x use to handle this fine by first filling in the username on the first page, then by clicking on the mini again a second time on the second page, it would fill in the password.

4.2 is refusing to cooperate. It instead appears to be filling in the username on both pages and now requires going to the mini, and manually copying the password and pasting it into the password field.

Help??

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Does this knowledge base article on creating multi-page logins help at all?

Stephen

• dbwarner5
    dbwarner5
    Community Member
    Options

Yes that would work. I use that technique for security questions at my bank. The funny part of that example is that BOA used to work just fine before the 4.2 upgrade. 1Password knew that the first page was my username, and then the second was the password. Now I will just have to separate them as in the example. Thanks for reminding me of this work around.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbwarner5,

I'm glad @Stephen_C workaround reminder was helpful. :)

Besides BofA, do you have any other examples of sites (preferably specific URLs) where this is an issue for you? And are you currently using version 4.4.1 of the main application and 4.2.1 of the browser extension? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.