cannot synch 1password between Mac and iPhone with wi-fi

Options
demaxwell
demaxwell
Community Member

both are running the latest downloads of 1Password. But the option under "windows" in 1Password on my MacBook is greyed out. Both the laptop and the iPhone are connected to the same wi-fi nextwork

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have a different method of sync enabled under 1P4 > Preferences > Sync? You can use only one sync method at any one time.

Stephen

• demaxwell
    demaxwell
    Community Member
    Options

No, I don't. It's only showing iCloud and Dropbox and Folder as options. It also reads "Please unlock 1Password to change sync preferences," but since I'm already in the app, I'm not sure what that means or how to do it?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @demaxwell,

You will need to have the main app unlocked in order to sync using Wi-Fi, or any other method. Please ensure that 1Password is unlocked and try accessing Wi-Fi sync again.

• demaxwell
    demaxwell
    Community Member
    Options

OK - dumb (apparently) question - how do I unlock the main app? It's open on my desktop, so isn't it unlocked?

• demaxwell
    demaxwell
    Community Member
    Options

figured it out - thanks for the help!

• Jasper
    Options

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it figured out. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• lyleAgilebits
    lyleAgilebits
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, and I don't know how to unlock 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lyleAgilebits‌

This is a bit of an older thread, so I'd love to confirm a few details from you, just to be sure we're solving the right problem.

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • When you look at the main 1Password, do you see a lock screen with a lock and a text entry field, or are you viewing the contents of your database?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• lyleAgilebits
    lyleAgilebits
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for late.

I have sorted out.

I used 1password on my iOS, so when I first launched 1password on Mac, I choose "I've used 1password before"(something like it), but what I should do is choose "I'm new ...".

Perhaps you should change the words.

• Hi @lyleAgilebits,

I'm glad to hear you've sorted it out! :)

If you have used 1Password for iOS, the "I've used 1Password before" option is what you should select on Mac.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.