Moved location of 1Password in Dropbox; now can't tell Chrome extension where it is [moved to email]

Options
n0r1
n0r1
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I forgot the master password to my old 1Password store, so I created a new one, with a different location for the backup file in Dropbox. I've configured this fine with my iPhone, with 1Password (both Chrome extension and Mac app) on one computer. Now I'm trying to tell the Chrome extension on my laptop where this new store is. There appears to be no way to configure the store location of the extension. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Comments

• n0r1
    n0r1
    Community Member
    Options

I should note as well that I've blown away the old 1Password file in the default location in Dropbox, waited for Dropbox to sync, and then tried reinstallin the Chrome app, all to no avail. When I try to unlock the 1Password Chrome extension, it just tells me "wrong password," and eventually prompts me with the hint for my old master password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @n0r1,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately. I'd like to take a closer look at your system, just to ensure that I'm giving you the best instructions to get sorted out. I'm ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html#mac4

—iOS—
    http://www.manula.com/manuals/agilebits/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/send-us-your-diagnostic-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• n0r1
    n0r1
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Megan‌,

Thanks! I can email you guys the reports, if that's helpful. However, you didn't request a diagnostic report for the Chrome extension, which is the thing I'm having problems with. Do you want that, too?

I'll email the report from my iPhone 1Password app, and we can go from there.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @n0r1,

We've received your email with the diagnostic report from your iPhone. Thanks for sending that in! It would be great if you'd also send one from the Mac where you're using 1Password and its Chrome extension. The instructions are under "—Mac—" in @Megan's reply; skip over "—iOS—" since you've already done that. :)

Thanks!

internal reference number: AYF-74443-736

This discussion has been closed.