Upgrade from 1Password 2 for Mac to 1Password 4

Options
octoberland
octoberland
Community Member

Howdy!

Yes, I know I am horribly out of date, but I am working on correcting that. I am wondering what the proper steps to follow would be?

I try to upgrade to v3, but it does not seem to be viable at the moment. If I go straight to v4, will there be any problems? I went through the steps to update my keychain already, as I figured I was going to be moving to v3 and that is what was suggested.

Am I okay with moving directly to v4 or will skipping a version compromise my data?

Thank you very much!

• Craig

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @octoberland‌

Wow, still on 1Password 2! I'm glad to hear that it's been so working well for you that you didn't feel the need up upgrade until now. :) If you still need to purchase a license for 1Password 4, please be sure to visit our upgrade page and enter your current license information to see your available discount.

Transferring your data directly from 1Password 2 to 1Password 4 should actually be fairly simple. All we need to do to ensure that 1Password 4 recognizes your data file is to convert it to a 1Password.agilekeychain file in 1Password 2. Open 1Password Preferences > Keychain > Convert to .agilekeychain format.

Then, when you open 1Password 4 for the first time, it should detect your data automatically and prompt you for your Master Password.

If you run into any snags, please let me know and we'll straighten it out. :)

This discussion has been closed.