Dropbox creates conflicted contents.js [resolved with app reinstallation and resetting Dropbox sync]

Options
colinmac
colinmac
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hi - I'm using 1Password 4.4.1 on 3 Macs -- 1 desktop (home), 1 desktop (work), and 1 laptop (home) -- with each of the Macs running OSX 10.9.4 and 1Password 4.5.3 on my iPhone 5s which is running iOS 7.1.2.

Recently, I noticed that although the Macs were synching fine with Dropbox, the iPhone was no longer synching. I tried to reset the sync on all of the devices (remove data from Dropbox via preferences, restart each device, regenerate new 1Password folder in Dropbox, then allow full sync). When I chose the new primary on device #2 all went well… but then each of the two devices began to report conflicted copies of content.js being generated about every 3-5 seconds. After a number of these warnings I turned off synching on one of the devices.

So now I can't sync between my devices anymore without constant new and conflicted copies of content.js being created. And I'm not sure if it even solved the iPhone problem because I don't want to deal with starting up its sync again.

Any ideas of how to proceed?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @colinmac,

Could you please try completely re-setting Dropbox sync again:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable Dropbox sync.

If that doesn't help, we're happy to investigate further. Please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

• colinmac
    colinmac
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Don't know why it didn't work the first time but this time I also deleted 1Password on both the iPhone and 2nd computer and then reinstalled. That did the trick.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @colinmac.

On behalf of @JasperP, you're welcome. Thanks for letting us know what did the trick to get this resolved!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to start a new forum topic or email us directly at support@agilebits.com -- we're here to help. Since this discussion has a happy ending I'll close it now. :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.