Password not showing in browser

Options
irad
irad
Community Member

I just changed my 1Password Browser password and it disappeared from your browser.
How can I retrieve the Agilebits password in the browser with my new password?
Thanks.

Comments

• irad
    irad
    Community Member
    Options

When I clicked on Favorites in the Browser, the Agilebits with the new password showed up in the list. However, the old Agilebits-1Password showed up and I have to delete it. Just clicking on the Trash icon doesn't delete the old Agilebits.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @irad,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. But I'm not quite sure where things are getting tangled up here. I'll do my best to answer your questions, but if I've misunderstood, please let me know!

How can I retrieve the Agilebits password in the browser with my new password?

All passwords that are created by the password generator are saved into the Passwords category when you click 'Fill' or 'Copy'. If 1Password doesn't prompt you to save a new Login or update an existing one, you can click on the Passwords category in the sidebar to see all your generated passwords. You can then convert the password into a Login or copy the password and paste it into the correct Login entry.

However, the old Agilebits-1Password showed up and I have to delete it.

To delete an old item, either click on the item and drag it to the Trash in the sidebar, or right-click on it and select 'Move to Trash'. Or simply press the ⌫ (Delete) key to move selected items to Trash.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have further questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.