Email Account with section open and fill

Options
godzilla
godzilla
Community Member

Hello, im from Germany, I'm using the german version of 1Password, so I'm not sure, if the translations are correct.
I want to insert a new record in the the category "Email-Account". I want to use the webmail feature out of the record but it seems, that isn't possible to insert a section like in the Login category where it ist possible to "open and fill" the website with login and password.
Is this possible to do in the category "E-Mail-Account"?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The only category that will login from 1P4 is the Login category. That means you need your webmail account login to be in the Logins category. What I do is to have my email account details under the Email Accounts category but my webmail login under the Logins category. I link the two by using tags (although you can also use similar names so they appear together when you use search).

Stephen

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C is correct. The Email Accounts data type is only needed if you use your mailbox with a client app that requires entry of server settings. Many modern email clients come pre-configured with the correct server information for the major providers like Apple, Google, AOL, and Yahoo. I have a lot of email accounts, but very few of them merit their own Email Accounts entries in my 1Password keychain.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @godzilla,

I hope that information from @Stephen_C and @benfdc was useful. Let us know if you still have other questions about this or anything else; we'll be happy to answer them. :)

This discussion has been closed.