Accessibility issues with voiceOver and 1password Mini

Options
jmortizsilva
jmortizsilva
Community Member

Hi,
First of all, I would like to congratulate you on the application, it is very accessible for people with disabilities, both iOS and OSX.
However, there are some accessibility issues when using 1Password Mini. When you open the tool, the focus of the screen reader is in the search box, but if I try to commute to the table of elements, to reach it, a popup window with information on the selected item is activated and you can not browse the other elements of the table. In the full version of 1Password does not happen, but I like to always open the full application.
Can you review it?
I hope I explained well, my English is not too good.
I am available if they need some clarification.
Thanks and regards.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I can use the tab key to move from the search box to the list below it. Does that work for you, and is that what you meant? After using the tab key you can move around using the arrow keys.

Stephen

• jmortizsilva
    jmortizsilva
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

With VoiceOver enabled it does not work the tab key to jump to the search box at list of items in 1Password Mini tool. The key combination is used with VoiceOver is Control + Option + Right Arrow.

At de 1Password App, the tab works OK.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I do apologise. I didn't appreciate you were using VoiceOver. Let's wait for someone from AgileBits to comment further.

Stephen

• jmortizsilva
    jmortizsilva
    Community Member
    Options

Do not worry, I just realized that in my first message, but talk screen reader, I do not mention to VoiceOver.

Anyway thank you very much for the reply.

A greeting.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmortizsilva,

I apologize for the delay in responding about this problem you're having using VoiceOver with 1Password mini.

Do you open 1Password mini by selecting the key icon in the menu bar or with the keyboard shortcut? If you use the shortcut, where is the mouse pointer when 1Password mini opens? Does it help if you move the mouse pointer to a different place on the screen before and after opening 1Password mini using the keyboard shortcut?

We're still doing testing here to better understand this problem and appreciate your help and patience. Thanks!

• jmortizsilva
    jmortizsilva
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @sjk,

I use the menu icon, since the creation of the shortcut is not accessible.

What I do is:

1. I press the menu icon.
    2. The focus of VoiceOver is placed in the search box.
    3. Pulse Control + Option + Right Arrow to move to the table of key elements.
    4. When I get to the table, appears automatically popup with the information element is selected and can not return to the table.

I hope I explained well. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to tell me.

Thank you very much.

• Hi @jmortizsilva‌,

I went through the steps and checked with a developer, and we're getting hung up on the same spot as you are with VoiceOver. We have it logged for fixing.

ref: OPM-1787

• jmortizsilva
    jmortizsilva
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @chrisdj,

Thanks a lot.

If I can help with anything else, do not hesitate to say so.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmortizsilva‌

Thanks for your patience as we work to get this sorted out! We'll let you know if we need any further details. :)

This discussion has been closed.