Two sets of data in ~/Library/Application Support

Options
JHP
JHP
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Under Application Support, I have two folders: 1Password and 1Password 4. The "4" folder appears more current, but both folders are collecting "fresh" Backup info.

E.g., in the 1Password folder: 1Password 2014-09-06 110601 (1650 items).agilekeychain_zip
E.g., in the 1Password 4 folder: 1Password 2014-09-07 12_42_38 (1 profiles, 1615 items, 36 folders, 22 attachments).1p4_zip

Do I need both the 1Password and 1Password 4 folders, or can I delete one of them?

I see that others have reported this issue on the forum, but they all seem to get kicked to Support for a private resolution.

Environment:

Mac OS 10.9.4

1Password 4
Version 4.4.1 (441008)
Agile Web Store

Comments

• JHP
    JHP
    Community Member
    Options

One other piece of data. When I go to 1PW Preferences/Backups and select Show Files, it refers to the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4 folder to show saved backups.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @JHP,

The ~/Library/Application Support/1Password folder is used by 1Password 3. It sounds like parts of it are still running and creating backups for it. Here are steps to stop those backups:

1. Open Finder and select Go to Folder… under the Go menu.

2. Enter ~/Library/LaunchAgents text (e.g. copy & paste) and press the Return (or Enter) key.

3. From the Finder window that opens delete the ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist file, if it exists.

4. Select Go > Go to Folder… in Finder again, enter ~/Library/Application Support/1Password text, and press Return.

5. From the Finder window delete the Agent folder, if it exists.

6. Empty Trash, restart your Mac, then Empty Trash again (if non-empty).

The ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4 folder is only used by 1Password 4. If you have backups there dating back at least 30 days you can now optionally delete the entire ~/Library/Application Support/1Password folder used by 1Password 3 (including its backups).

When I go to 1PW Preferences/Backups and select Show Files, it refers to the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4 folder to show saved backups.

That's correct. And if you don't have backups for 1Password 4 there dating too far back then you want to hang on to your 1Password 3 backups awhile longer. :)

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any other questions!

ref: DOCS-34

• JHP
    JHP
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• On behalf of @sjk, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.