Master password not working for Chrome Extension [moved to email]

Options
Dan1
Dan1
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Hi I am new to 1Password. Just created my Master Password on my Mavericks based Mac, and synced it with my iOS8 based iPhone.

But the password does not seem to work on my iPassword's Chrome extension.

Kindly advise how to proceed. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dan1,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble, but I'm sure we can resolve it quickly.

Can you confirm that you are able to unlock the main 1Password app with your Master Password?

Could you also let me know what specifics versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Chrome, and (3) the 1Password Chrome extension you have installed?

Thanks!

• Dan1
    Dan1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @khad.

Yes, I am able to unlock the main 1Password app on my Mac (Mavericks 10.9.5), with the Master Password.

"Could you also let me know what specifics versions of (1) 1Password, (2) Chrome, and (3) the 1Password Chrome extension you have installed?"

1. 1Password - 4.4.1
    2. Chrome - 37.0.2062.122
    3. 1Password Chrome Extension - 4.2.4.90
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thank you for that info! I was sort of hoping that you had the wrong version of the 1Password extension installed, as it would have been an easy fix. :)

That said, I'm now wondering if perhaps you have two copies of 1Password installed on your Mac.

Try quitting 1Password using the Control-Command-Q shortcut (which will also quit 1Password mini).

If you launch 1Password again, are you then able to unlock the extension in Chrome?

• Dan1
    Dan1
    Community Member
    Options

@khad‌: I quit 1Password using Control-Command-Q shortcut and tried again to unlock the extension in Chrome - but with no success.

Back story: Before creating the current Master Password on my Mac, I had created a Master Password via 1Password Mini on my Mac, and added several logins to 1Password Mini. When I attempted to sync that to my iPhone 8/iOS 8, it said I needed to sync my iCloud on the Mac. But for whatever reason, I couldn't sync at the time.

So I created a new Master Password for the 1Password on the Mac and attempting to unlock the 1Password Mini, with no success, thus far. The new Master Password, however, works with the iPhone, though.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hm. The vault creation and Master Password changes can only be performed in the main 1Password app, so I am a bit puzzled as to what you mean when you say, "created a Master Password via 1Password mini".

I think that at this point it would be simplest to get a Diagnostics Report from you, so we can give you some specific (and hopefully easy) instructions. Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

This will provide us with more information about your current setup, and allow us to provide you with specific steps.

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Dan1
    Dan1
    Community Member
    Options

@khad, I just sent the Diagnostic Report.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Dan1,

We've received your email with the report; thanks for sending that in! We'll follow up with you again after reviewing the report to help get this problem resolved as soon as possible.

ref: VUG-63628-541

This discussion has been closed.