1Password application no longer coming up after update

Options
andwight
andwight
Community Member

I have sent three emails to support+mac@agilebits.com with no response received.

Whenever I tried to sync my 1Password 4.1.1 application with my iCloud account, it never seemed to connect. It had a constantly spinning gear. This is occurring on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5.
I tried removing the application, by following the instructions from the web site, however, it never seemed to fully uninstall, because when I installed a new downloaded copy, it opened up with all of my saved logins. In the instructions, it tells me to go to ~/Library/Containers and delete folder BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper. This folder does not exist on my computer. After moving the application to the trash, and doing a search for any 1Password files, the only one that was found was Agile Keychain, which has also been deleted. I have 1Password 4 installed on another Macbook Pro, same OS, and it syncs just fine to my iCloud account, as does my iPhone and iPad.

And along with this issue, I was unable to update to version 4.4.3. It would not extract the update. My computer did update to 4.4.2, but refused to update to .3.

I again completely removed 1Password, and installed the 4.4.3 downloaded version from the website. Now, I cannot get to the 1Password console at all. The application itself never comes up when selected. I get the 1Password menu bar, and can pull up individual menu items, yet the application will not work.

If I select the Window menu item and choose the 1Password, the following window comes up, but it will not ccept the previous master password, nor does it ask me to create a new vault.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andwight‌,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately. There was a bit of a glitch with the updater in version 4.4.2, so it will be necessary for users to manually download the 4.4.3 update and replace the existing copy of 1Password.

However, it sounds like you've run into a few extra snags here. I think the most efficient way to get this sorted out is to get a Diagnostics Report from the computer that is misbehaving.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#YTK-53137-325]

This will link your diagnostics to your existing email in our system.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• andwight
    andwight
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, the file has been sent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @andwight,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: YTK-53137-325

• andwight
    andwight
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

You're welcome! It look like Rob has responded via email, so we'll continue assisting you there. :)

This discussion has been closed.