Database Locked?

Options
tedd
tedd
Community Member

Hi:

1Password fails to open stating:

"Failed to open 1Password database"

I've sent email three times to "support+mac@agilebits.com" asking for help, but no replies.

So, two questions?

1. What's going on with 1Password (I need it working now)?
  2. Anyone going to answer me?

Thanks,

tedd

Comments

• Hi @tedd,

I found your ticket and marked it for urgent follow-up from our support team. Our team has been swamped since the iOS 8 release, so our normal less than 24-hour response times have unfortunately slipped.

One thing you could do to help the support team is to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#VRU-18775-779]

This will link your diagnostics to your current support ticket, and will help the team see what is causing the error you are receiving.

ref: VRU-18775-779

• tedd
    tedd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Chrisdj:

I did everything you asked. Let's see what happens.

Thanks,

tedd

• Thanks @tedd! One of my colleagues on the support team will be with you soon!

• Randomizer
    Randomizer
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue now. I had submitted a diagnostic because this Mac won't sync. After following the Sophos instructions suggested (which do not appear to have anything to do with sync anyway) my Mac is altogether out of commission because of this error box launching every 5 seconds. Just typing this comment has taken much longer than it should have because I have to do it in-between quitting the 1Pass error that won's stay quit.

• Randomizer
    Randomizer
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted again and the failed to open error is no longer present.

• Hi @Randomizer,

I'm glad to hear it's resolved. This issue was most likely caused by two instances of 1Password mini trying to access your OnePassword.sqlite file at once (the old version and the newly downloaded one). Restarting your Mac is the fix (as you discovered), as it forces the old mini to disconnect.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.