Dropbox sync between 2 macs with different IDs

Options
bumkin2bfit
bumkin2bfit
Community Member

Mine - Macbook Air OSX 10.9.5, 1Password 4.4.2 and attempting to send data through Dropbox to iMac (mine and husbands) with OSX 10.9.5 and 1password 4.4.2 Dropbox on iMac is showing check mark next to 1password folder but when I open up 1Password there is no Opens up with no data in 1password. I am sure i missing something but cannot figure it out. I have read the tutorials and am stumped. Please help.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bumkin2bfit‌,

Do you and your husband share a Dropbox account? If you're using separate accounts, you'll need to share a folder between your accounts, and then store your 1Password data in the shared folder.

I'd be happy to give you some more detailed instructions, but to do so, I'll need just a bit more information about your setup there:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Do you and your husband share a vault, or are you using multiple vaults?
    • Is your data only on the Macbook Air right now?
    • When 1Password opens on the iMac, are you seeing a new user screen, or a blank vault?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• bumkin2bfit
    bumkin2bfit
    Community Member
    Options

Version numbers I thought that was the 4.4.2 when i click on the about 1password. if not where do i find it. its the same on both the macbook and the imac. I set up the drop box account on my macbook.. then downloaded a dropbox on the imac since he didnt have it. We share a vault. My data is on the Macbook since I spent all day inputting after my version 3 on iphone disappeared when I fell on the phone :) I was able to successfully sync with my ipad mini with the macbook air. I believe it s a blank vault.. shows Logins, Credit Cards, Identities but nothing in those categories. I dont know if this is related but the version of 1password on there this am was 3...i went to the appstore and got the 4.4.2 but it won't stay on the bottom with the rest of the apps and when you go to applications...it has an arrow next to it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bumkin2bfit‌

Thanks for confirming the version numbers of 1Password on your Macs. I'm just going to go through the details here to make sure I understand the situation fully:

• You have 1Password 4.4.2 on your Macbook, that has your complete database on it. This database is synced to Dropbox. (Can you confirm this by looking in Preferences > Sync in 1Password?)
    • You want to share your entire database with your husband using Dropbox
    • the iMac has 1Password 4.4.2 and you downloaded Dropbox on it
    • You are seeing a blank vault when you open 1Password on your husband's iMac

If you're seeing an empty vault when you open 1Password on your husband's iMac, it sounds to me like you set up 1Password as a new user instead of using the data in Dropbox. When you did so, did you use the same Master Password as you use for your database?

I dont know if this is related but the version of 1password on there this am was 3...i went to the appstore and got the 4.4.2 but it won't stay on the bottom with the rest of the apps and when you go to applications...it has an arrow next to it.

Could you take a screenshot of this for me? I'm not quite sure what you're seeing here. There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. Simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

• bumkin2bfit
    bumkin2bfit
    Community Member
    Options

I will go fiddle with it again.. it was set for Dropbox both sides and I will take a screen shot of what i saw. Yes master passwords are both the same.

• bumkin2bfit
    bumkin2bfit
    Community Member
    Options

I tried again and nothing Here are the screen shots.

• Hi @bumkin2bfit,

Thanks for the screenshots! I'd also like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report. They are easy to generate, and will give us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password. I think that's the easiest way for us to get this fixed for you.

Please email us a Diagnostics Report from both the Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.