Best way to clean out (delete) old passwords?

Options
Michael Stockwell
Michael Stockwell
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have something like 1200+ logins from using 1Password for years. It's gotten to a point, there is noticeable lag doing certain operations. Is there any way to see logins I haven't used in X amount of time or something like that to help me clean out some stuff? I see the sort by Last Modified, but I see logins in there I still use, so that doesn't help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Michael Stockwell

Try creating a Smart Folder with the criteria Last Used (days ago) is greater than (enter number of days). This should give you the information that you need. :)

• Michael Stockwell
    Michael Stockwell
    Community Member
    Options

That's very cool, but doesn't seem to work? I set it to all kinds of numbers and saved it but still seem to get the entire list including accounts I setup this week.

• Hi @Michael Stockwell‌,

What happens if you press the enter key in the number field, it sometimes doesn't start searching until you press the enter key or press the Save button on top right of the search box.

• Michael Stockwell
    Michael Stockwell
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I tried that as well. I also tried making a new folder and starting over many times. I can see it like re-sort the list or something on enter or save sometimes, but as far as I can tell it's still has the whole list or if it's removing any, its so few I can't tell which. Is there any equivalent to this on the 1Pass4 for Windows. I could try it on my Windows box, but I am not seeing the smart folder feature.

• Hi Michael,

Could you please give this a try:

• Go to All Items in the sidebar.
    • In the list area header, click x items sorted by Title.
    • Select the Date Last Used sorting option.

That will list your items by the Date Last Used, under a separate headers, such as "12 days ago", "16 weeks ago", "Not Available", etc. Hopefully that will give you a better view. It's important to note that usage information does not sync between devices. This usage data will only be from 1Password 4 on the current Mac only.

• Michael Stockwell
    Michael Stockwell
    Community Member
    Options

Ok that appears to be the issue, syncing. I have been using Dropbox to sync my accounts for years and have switched between Mac & Windows and back again probably 5 times on many different machines. I think my usage data is mostly gone now. That's too bad. I guess I will just delete everything and pull them back over one at a time as I need them from a backup or something, unless you have a better idea? =)

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Michael,

You may want to create a secondary vault to use as an "archive" vault. You could move all your old logins into the Archive Vault, so they aren't cluttering up your Primary Vault, but are still accessible if needed.

To create a new vault:

• In the menu bar, go to 1Password > New Vault…
    • Customize its icon, color, and Master Password.
    • Copy or move items to this new secondary vault (select any item, click the sharing arrow and choose your new vault as the destination)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• Michael Stockwell
    Michael Stockwell
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that suggestion, that's a better solution. I wish the Share to other vault option worked on Windows though ;)

• You're welcome! Glad to hear that helps. :)

And I will pass along your request for the share option on Windows too.

This discussion has been closed.