1Password isn't synchronizing from iCloud

Options
Silres
Silres
Community Member

Hello - I recently downloaded the iOS 1Password, have used it for a couple weeks, like it and decided to upgrade to the 1Password 4 on my Mac thinking I could use the app across all devices. I've synched both my iPad and iPhone to the iCloud, but 1Password on the Mac isn't recognizing any of the data in iCloud. Please advise!

Comments

• Silres
    Silres
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info. I successfully connected and synchronized all my data via Dropbox.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

I love 1Password, but would you guys release an update that people can't use yet? Wouldn't it be easier to wait for 10.10 to be out for a while?

• Hi @prime,

Sorry for the trouble, we do apologize for the inconvenience. I personally use iCloud sync too, so understand the frustration.

When Apple announced their new CloudKit technology, we chose to adopt it, as it should provide a much smoother and more reliable syncing experience with iCloud long term. At that time, we did not know that iOS 8 and Yosemite would be released at different times. Unfortunately, because we chose to build 1Password 5 for iOS's sync around the new iCloud technology (CloudKit), it is no longer compatible with the iCloud sync that exists in Mavericks and 1Password 4 for Mac.

With that said, iCloud sync is the only feature that is not fully functional at the moment. Many new features in 1Password 5 for iOS such as the extension and Touch ID integration are awesome. Dropbox and Wi-Fi also work great, so we recommend switching to one of those sync options temporarily.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reason. I use Dropbox, but my daughter uses iCloud. I was updating her MacBook and I was on here with my iPad as I saw this. I clicked skip for now just to avoid any issue.

I just hope Yosemite has a good start, I just finally upgraded to Maverics last month.

• You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.