1password v5 from Mac Appstore "Trail expired"

Options
DeMonToll
DeMonToll
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hi everybody,

i've updatet 1password to version 5 a few moments ago.

Problem it now tells me "Trail expired" when i start 1password.

Someone else having this problem?

so long

Demon

Comments

• mike12345
    mike12345
    Community Member
    Options

I also see this. Little alarming but all in all it seems to work just fine.

• DeMonToll
    DeMonToll
    Community Member
    Options

True, it really is^^. But if i remember correctly from my Windows Installation of 1password it only works fully in trail mode until you added 20 items.
    So we will see if it is just "cosmetical"^^.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

The Mac App Store doesn't allow trial's. so hmmm ???

I was wondering if you guy were launching the older 1Password 4 app and not the new 1Password 5 app. Maybe an app launcher is opening an older website version ?

• diditstart
    diditstart
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same. But it only appeared on first start. After closing the app and opening it again it was gone.

• mike12345
    mike12345
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@diditstart‌ after restarting it the trial thing disappeared for me also. @thightower‌ it was defn version 5 - had to go through the steps about icloud (interface was a bit different).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DeMonToll‌, @diditstart‌ and @mike12345‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the update to 1Password 5. As @thightower says, the Mac App Store doesn't allow trials so you really shouldn't be seeing a message like this.

If you do notice it again, please take a screenshot of the message, and also your 'About 1Password' pane (found in the 1Password > About menu) so that we can track this down.

This discussion has been closed.