1Password 5 and OS Yosemite -- where is my 1Password icon in Safari 8?

Options
wmarson
wmarson
Community Member

So, I'm up on Yosemite! I'm up on 1Password 5! But, when I launch Safari 8, I don't have that little icon within Safari that has all my User IDs and Passwords. Do I need to do something -- e.g.., install some extension? Please advise. Thank you!

Comments

• wmarson
    wmarson
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind. It's there! :)

• Hi @wmarson,

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)

For anyone else reading this post, you can download the Safari extension here: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• Anton Sulsky
    Anton Sulsky
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi,

After downloading and trying to install the extension I get the attached message. I have MacOS 10.10 Safari 8.0 and 1Password Version 3.8.22. Please help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Anton Sulsky

Thanks for providing that screenshot - it helps a lot!

Unfortunately, it looks like you're attempting to use the 1Password 4 extension while you have 1Password 3 installed on your computer. Since you've upgraded your operating system to OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), I recommend considering updating to 1Password 5, which was built for Yosemite (including a great new simplified interface).

If you would like to continue using 1Password 3 however, you'll want the 1Password 3 browser extensions as well.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Safari.
    • Click Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab.
    • Click "Uninstall" for the 1Password 4 extension.
    • Restart Safari and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html
    • Click the download button next to the Safari icon, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

This should get you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.