W-Fi Sync is now my only option and I can't even do that

Options
dustino
dustino
Community Member

I am using the web store version so sadly I am no longer able to use iCloud sync. I also have to keep my computer's Dropbox account synced with my work files and don't particularly want to share my account information with my coworkers so that is out of the question.

My only option is Wi-Fi Sync, which used to work perfectly, but I recently updated to Yosemite. Not sure if that's related but I cannot seem to get Wi-Fi Sync to work. My issue is that my MacBook no longer shows up. Both devices are on the same network. Added screenshots in case that helps paint a better picture. Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• Netfreedom
    Netfreedom
    Community Member
    Options

I have exactly the same problem. Am using 1Password 5, Version 5.0.1 (501000) from the Agile Web Store. I try the apple store version and have the same issue.

Is there a way to sync using iTunes as was the case in earlier versions?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is a thread here about a very similar issue which I had, where I posted the solution I'd discovered. See if it helps you. Please let us know one way or the other.

Stephen

• dustino
    dustino
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Stephen_C‌,

Thanks for the info but my OS X Firewall actually isn't even enabled. I just tried turning it on and manually added 1Password but still no luck. If there are any other solutions out there please let me know.

• Netfreedom
    Netfreedom
    Community Member
    Options

I tried turning off the Firewall to get wifi syncing to work. It didn't work. I haven't tried adding an entry to allow for incoming traffic by 1P. Will do so and report back ASAP

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There have been threads on other forums about problems with wifi sync (including this one on the iOS beta forum). Does rebooting your Mac and iDevices help at all?

Stephen

• Netfreedom
    Netfreedom
    Community Member
    Options

Had previuosly tried wifi syncing using a friend's wifi. Now at home and wifi works after adding an incoming firewall rule for 1P

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dustino‌ That just leaves you still experiencing problems at the moment, have you tried rebooting both of your devices? Not saying that has resolved it for everybody but it has helped in some cases.

There is a way you could use Dropbox if you wish though. A single computer is allowed to sync to one Dropbox account or two if one is a business account. Now I'm not suggesting you start paying for a business Dropbox account so bear with me for a moment.

Do you happen to have a work supplied computer with Dropbox on it as well as your personal computer? If you do what you could do is create a secondary free Dropbox account that you designate for business. You log into that one on your work machine and share the folder you use for your work files and you share that folder with your personal Dropbox account, the one you've been using up until now (or vice versa, which becomes the primary business one and which becomes your primary personal one doesn't really matter). You can also share that folder with as many colleagues as you want or give direct access to that Dropbox account - whatever works best for your solution.

The key part is all your business files are now also available on this secondary, personal account that only you have access to. On this one you can safely store your 1Password vaults without worry of anybody else being able to see it. That's the neat thing about Dropbox, you can achieve this separation.

The last option is, if you've been using iCloud sync up until now and been caught out by Apple enforcing restrictions over who can use iCloud API then AgileBits may be able to help you transition from the AgileBits's store purchased version to the MAS one. Check out this thread.

• dustino
    dustino
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables‌ It has finally started working again! I actually booted into safe mode the back to regular mode and I guess that fixed it? No idea how that worked but it did. Ideally I would like to continue using iCloud so I might reach out to the support team about that.

Thanks everyone for your help on this issue!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dustino, I'm happy to hear it's working for you again! :smiley:

If you need to switch to the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for iCloud sync, please contact us at support+forum@agilebits.com, and we'll be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.