Partial refund?

Options
Sean Logue
Sean Logue
Community Member

You know, I just have to say this. You guys are awesome.

I've complained about things before, but your answers are always quick, accurate, and don't assume I'm an idiot. Your customer service is first-rate, as are your programming skills. I'm not going to attach my resume, but suffice it to say I'm good at what I do, I know what I'm seeing, and I'm incredibly impressed.

Your documentation is unparalleled, and I did that for a living for over eight years. Give your writers a thank-you card. They deserve it.

I actually like your software so much that I recently did the unthinkable. I bought both Mac and PC licenses for my parents, who are actually very computer-literate. Still, it is my responsibility as the gift-giver to walk them through the install and configuration.

I'm still not happy that I (now we) have to use Dropbox instead of iCloud for syncing, but I do understand why. I brought that up because it means I had to walk them through that as well, and it reminded me that you should keep that as a Request For Enhancement and add it, should Apple ever get around to adding the necessary APIs to their Windows iCloud runtime.

So, instead of waiting for me to help, Mom installed 1Password on her iMac from the App Store. And (of course) paid for it. Dad still needs the Windows license for his (he is the only hold-out for Windows, even though he quite understandably hates Windows 8, hence the requirement for Dropbox).

But, now I've paid for two licenses, only one of which they now need. A partial refund would be great, if somewhat unexpected. However, if that isn't possible, I'm actually okay with calling it a donation. I really like you folks, you are a small company, and you make software that is truly the best I've seen in its class.

That's worth a lot.

Sean

Comments

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for the kind words! We really appreciate your support! :D

We'd be happy to refund the extra Mac license for you, please send us an email with the purchase details and a link to this discussion: support+forum@agilebits.com

• Sean Logue
    Sean Logue
    Community Member
    Options

I will. And, I sincerely meant every word.

You folks rock!

Sean

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sean Logue

I've read your post twice now, just because it makes me smile. Thanks for being awesome!

You know where to find us if you have any further questions. ;)

• Sean Logue
    Sean Logue
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, that's great to hear! I know sometimes we work really hard, ship it, then wonder if anyone really cares. I spent over an hour one time with another writer fine-tuning a paragraph in a user manual. When we were done, I turned to her and said something like, "I wonder if anyone even realizes what we put into this?"

You folks have done something great here, that you should be proud of. I'm happy to point that out!

Sean

• robbski
    robbski
    Community Member
    Options

What a great thread to read! I can honestly second Sean's words of well-deserved praise. AgileBits really IS one of the best places I've ever dealt with, when it comes to customer service! Now if they can only fix MY problems that have me wanting to look for something different! I doubt there's anything else better out there. I'm just a bit frustrated. Keep up the good work! --Robb

• Hi guys,

@Sean Logue‌:

I spent over an hour one time with another writer fine-tuning a paragraph in a user manual.

Our developers sometime spend that amount on a few words in our changelog. :wink:

@robbski‌:

Now if they can only fix MY problems that have me wanting to look for something different!

I've replied to your other thread, we'll get you up and running soon.

AgileBits really IS one of the best places I've ever dealt with, when it comes to customer service

Thank you, that's really awesome to hear.

This discussion has been closed.