Trouble with 1Password

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Major compatibility issues between versions.

Comments

• Unimpressed
    Unimpressed
    Community Member
    Options

Unimpressed. 1Password broken, and Support missing in action.

Just give me the AppleStore version, which doesn't appear to have any of these problems.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Unimpressed,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. If you'd like to give me a few more details on where things are getting tangled up for you, I'd be happy to help you out!

EDIT: I've removed a duplicate post from another thread - we'll be able to help you much more effectively if we can keep the conversation all in one place! :)

• Unimpressed
    Unimpressed
    Community Member
    Options

First, it suddenly simply does not get recognised in my primary browsers as being installed and open on my system (Firefox primarily, on Mavericks).

Second, I cannot use iCloud (I got it on the assumption it worked flawlessly with iCloud).

Third, it is only after running out of weeks of patience with no response to my initial email -- and subsequently posting on your public fora -- that anyone has responded.

My emails of 17, 23 and 24 still/still remain unanswered by any human (the 17th received an entirely unhelpful robot response). See #DPL-73593-727.

Last, Eva S, on no discernible basis that I can fathom, unilaterally presupposes that I am using 1Password 3. I am NOT. I am using 1Password 4, and it is broken.

It is disappointing that the four emails I have sent remain unanswered, with the only responses being to public postings.

Yours

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Unimpressed,

Thanks so much for sending in your ticket number. I sincerely apologize for the delay in response. As you can likely tell, we've been a bit overwhelmed with user responses since the launch of 1Password 5, and we're doing the best we can to get back to our usual snappy responses. I don't blame you at all for feeling frustrated though, and I'll do my best to ensure that your issue gets dealt with quickly.

Please understand that we are focussing our attentions on the forums, as public posts here have the potential to help many users who might have similar questions (whereas answers provided by email are only able to help a single user.)

That being said, in your case, I'd like to see a Diagnostics Report to figure out where things are getting tangled up, and we'll deal with that via email.

Please follow these steps to create a Report from your Mac:

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#DPL-73593-727]

This will link your diagnostics to your current email in our system, which I've flagged to be sure I get notified when you reply. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

• Unimpressed
    Unimpressed
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Sorry, I am not about to run a diagnostic script on my system that has been provided by AgileBits until I receive some answers.

a. What is the functional difference between the WebStore and AppleStore versions, understanding that the WebStore version has code/functions that Apple does not approve of, and these have impacted the WebStore's version from utilising iCloud,

b. What information/data/holdings does Agilebits or its affiliates etc. store about 1Password users and their accounts, and

c. Why can customers be migrated to iCloud, but only through personal tailoring?

I am a registered user, who has lost the ability to use iCloud through Agilebits witting actions.

You have my helpdesk number. Please answer the questions and rectify the reduction in functionality.

• Jasper
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @Unimpressed,

I just answered your nearly identical questions in your other discussion.

This discussion has been closed.