missing data file

Options
jimgiles
jimgiles
Community Member

I'm trying to locate my data file so that I can sync across devices. I couldn't find the file, so I opened the app and checked in Preferences. (I use 1Password in Chrome, and rarely open the app.) It says that my data file is in my Dropbox folder, but I don't have Dropbox installed! Perhaps I did at one point and have since deleted it...I can't recall. Anyhow, 1Password works fine in Chrome, I'm just not sure where the data is being stored. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm assuming you're using either 1P4 or 1P5. In that case:

If you bought from the Mac App Store your data file is stored in:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

If you bought direct from AgileBits the data file is stored in:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite

However, I'm not sure quite why you need to find the file just to sync. 1P should find the file automatically for you.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimgiles‌ Stephen_C's point about syncing is laden with truth, a much better way to sync your data across multiple devices is to leverage iCloud, Dropbox, WiFI or Folder sync depending on what devices and OSes you're wanting to sync.

The best way to supply accurate advice would be if you could list your current devices, their OS versions and the 1Password version you have, then we can suggest what would work best for you.

Now if you're running 1Password 3 it's a good deal different I believe compared to 1Password 4 and 5 hence version information being important. Post back here and we'll get you some help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.