Having trouble getting citibank credit card websites accept username and password

Frank_55
Frank_55
Community Member

I have several credit cards which use Citibank online websites. I can't get my username and password to autofill on any of them. Using OSX Yosemite. Here's one URL: https://www.accountonline.com/webdepot/pl/PLCR_OFFICEDEPOT/REQUEST_SIGNON#

Comments

• Hi @Frank_55,

I'm sorry to hear that this isn't working out for you. Could you be a bit more specific about what you're seeing? I was able to add that URL to a Login in my vault, and use the Chrome extension to fill that form. Could you make sure that the login you're expecting will get filled has a Website entry that contains "www.accountonline.com" in it?

Could you get us the browser version, 1Password version, and make sure that you're up to date with the latest extension for that browser?

Thanks

Rick

• Pacifica
    Pacifica
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with the same URL. Running 1Password 5.1 and Windows 4.1. Autofill does not on all browsers. Only username gets filled.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014

Hi @Pacifica,

Please try to Save a New Login Manually. Once you have done so, please take a look at the entry that's been created. Citibank tends to obscure the username with asterisks. If 1Password saves the obscured version, it won't fill your username correctly.

If the details of your Login entry look like this, please edit the entry to ensure that your full username is saved.

I hope this sorts things out for you, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• brebro
    brebro
    Community Member

I've been struggling with these obnoxious "accountonline" Citibank sites for my main Citi Rewards card and my rarely-used Home Depot card, but the most problems I have are with the Citi site for the Best Buy MasterCard. Not only do they change the user ID and password to bullets as soon as you leave the field, but something weird happens even if I go in and manually make a password and user ID. The next time I log in, it will fill in the USER ID, but leave the password field blank and I can't log in until I go copy the password and paste it in. This is really annoying, especially on the iPad browser, where getting 1password to open is much more time-consuming.

Is there a special field or tag I need to make to get the password to fill in automatically with the user ID? Here is the site:

https://www.accountonline.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brebro,

I do apologize for the trouble here. Citibank is notorious for giving 1Password a run for its money. Our developers are looking to improve 1Password's behaviour with this site. You should have luck with the instructions I posted above: manually save a new Login (which helps 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to fill) then double-check in the entry and ensure that your proper username is saved in plain-text, with no asterisks.

Please let me know if this helps?

• markobenner
    markobenner
    Community Member

Entered citybank login manually and checked all fields for accuracy. 1Password reaches myciti.com login page and either Citibank or 1Password correctly fills in User Name, but not stored 1Password login password. Help

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @markobenner‌,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with Citibank here. I just want to confirm: you mention that you 'entered citybank login manually'. Does that mean that you typed the details into 1Password? Or did you follow the instructions above to Save a New Login Manually (which describes doing the process while on the bank's log in page and prompting 1Password to save your details for you?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I had to login to Citi bank today, several times. The first time auto-entry failed. But since they, it has worked every time. There might be some timing problem with when the injected javascript fires. The URL I used stated with online.citibank.com, in case that's helpful.

• MaulDeus
    MaulDeus
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Thank you for the information, I was having the same problems logging into Citi's website. This information solved it.

Save a New Login Manually
    https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-for-mac-knowledgebase/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MaulDeus‌

I'm so glad to hear that the 'Save a new Login' steps got things working for you! These steps are great to keep around, as they often get Logins to behave properly when they start acting up.

If you hit any other snags with 1Password, please let us know -we're here to help. :)

• brebro
    brebro
    Community Member

There is also a 1Password behavior that causes me problems with this particular Citibank site that I should mention. Each time I successfully log in using 1Password, I am then asked by 1Password if I want to save the new login info (even though there is NO new login) and if I do say to update the login or add a new login for that site, I can see that the program is adding a new password that is NOT the password I use, but instead one of the other single-letter fields on the page it is somehow picking up as a password (usually A, B, C, D, etc.) and the problems I have had in the past have been as a result of not knowing that 1Password was writing over my correct info with an incorrect password, resulting in my password being rejected by Citibank on the next login.

I attached a screenshot of the webform details of a wrongly-saved version (with any personal info removed) and the ADIFFERENTUSER field is labled "useriddropdown-citiTextBlur" and the dotted-out password fields all contain the letter "D".

Hopefully, this can help your programmers hone in on the problem(s) with these type of sites.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brebro‌

Until we can improve on this what might help reduce the irritation is if you tell 1Password to ignore this site when asking if you wish to save. This can be done in two ways, the first is via the 1Password Save Login (see the image below)

In the image you can see the Never Autosave for this site option.

The second way is in 1Password's preferences. In the Browser tab there is a box where you can specify domains to ignore.

Now the downside of both is you won't be asked when you do change your password. As long as you remember though you can manually update.

Would that be a reasonable workaround while we work on improving compatibility with Citibank?

• brebro
    brebro
    Community Member
    edited December 2014

Yes, that might work better than the current method I am using (of just selecting not to save the new information each time it asks when I log in.)

The problem with that seems to be that I don't know how to get to the screenshot you show. My 1Password extension in Safari only shows the following:

...and choosing "save new log-in" seems to do nothing.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brebro‌

The screenshot that @littlebobbytables‌ showed is the pop-up that you will see when 1Password offers to save a new Login. So, the next time 1Password asks to save your Citibank Login, you can click the gear icon in the corner of the pop-up and select the 'Never for this site' option.

Another way to prevent 1Password from prompting you to save on the Citibank site is to add the URL to the exceptions list in Preferences > Browser, just below 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins'.

I apologize for the confusion, please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• brebro
    brebro
    Community Member

Thank you. I realize the problem is being caused by Citibank's choice of site interaction (I am also having trouble with other Citi-branded credit card sites such as Best Buy MasterCard and Home Depot credit card trying to change their information to the Citibank Citi Rewards MasterCard site and vice versa) and I blame them, not Agile for these annoyances.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015

Hi @brebro,

Believe me, our developers are working to see if we can get 1Password working better with Citibank ... it certainly likes to give them a run for their money!

Thanks so much for your understanding. If you have any other questions, you know where to find us. :)

ref: OPX-746

• MrD
    MrD
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

I am having many of the same issues as reported above with my Citibank MC credit card. The login website is https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
    The username gets copied correctly from 1Password, but the password does not. I can copy and paste the password manually into the Citibank login...and then it works. I tried to save the login manually, but that did not solve the issue. This problem started a few months ago when Citibank changed the login page.

Any suggestions?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MrD,

I'm sorry to hear that Citibank is giving you trouble as well. Now, as I've mentioned above, our developers are on the case, and we hope we'll be able to beat this complicated sign in page soon. You might see better behaviour with our beta extension, which features a brand new "brain" that controls the filling. You can get the beta extension from the extension download page - just click the 'Enable betas' option.

ref: OPX-546

• gandalf666
    gandalf666
    Community Member
    edited February 2015

Just chiming in here that I too am having difficulty getting 1Password and Citibank to work together. 1Password is able to fill in the username field but it either leaves the password field blank (usually) or fills in a truncated and/or random password, at times just one character. My login url is:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do

I've confirmed that 1Password has complete pw/un data and not "***" data. I wasn't able to find "Enable betas" in the settings or preferences either. I am running OS X 10.10.2 and Safari 8.0.3.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gandalf666,

Can I ask, where did you purchase 1Password for Mac from? If it was Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) then you wouldn't see an Include beta builds checkbox as the MAS version doesn't have the Update tab at all in preferences. As Apple handle all updating it was removed.

Now if you wish you can run the beta version of 1Password for Mac by downloading our Agile Web Store (AWS) version from our AgileBits Download page. It will pick up the MAS licence but it would maintain its own vault after importing your MAS one. It would mean you could't run the two in tandem so unless you really want to try the beta you might want to wait for the a stable release with these improvements.

If you would still like to try the beta you will also need the beta extension which you can find at https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions. You would first want to uninstall the stable extension from your browser and then install the beta after clicking the Enable betas link on that page. Just to let you know, you need to be running both betas to see a difference, any combination of a stable plus beta won't make a difference as it is designed to be backwards compatible. By that I mean it would revert to the last stable behaviour, the one you know doesn't work for you.

If you have any further questions do please ask :smile:

• rjb
    rjb
    Community Member

OK. I'm having the same problem with Citi. I'm logging on to the correct URL for credit cards but when I log on with or without 1 Password, I get an error message from Citi with a page to retry the login. When I copy my password from 1Password into the "retry" page the login proceeds normally.
    This is the only login I have that gives me any trouble.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rjb,

Can you post the exact URL you're using please. There are so many Citi URLS it can get confusing trying to track who is using what, what gets redirected on their site etc.

• bryanschmiedeler
    bryanschmiedeler
    Community Member

I am also having this issue.

I go to this URL

https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do

Two (bad) things happen.

First, my password is not entered.

Second, and even stranger, my username is replaced with an entry with asterisks in it.

So if my username is "username" and I type that in OR have 1Password enter it, it changes to us****me. If I position my cursor in the field it turns back to "username" but if I move out of the field it goes back to "us***me".

I cleared my cache but this didn't help.

I am using Safari 8.0.4 and 1Password 5.1 from the Agile Web Store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bryanschmiedeler,

That site is a tough one as you can see from this thread and no doubt the many others here in the forums.

The partial obscuring of your username is JavaScript in citi's page and is independent of 1Password. There's no way round that and I'm assuming they believe it helps in terms of security.

So the good news is we've been working hard on a new filling logic lately and I believe it is getting closer to seeing release. I don't know when but it can handle your URL perfectly now. If you're curious you could enable betas from within 1Password's preferences in the Updates tab. All you should need to do is check the Include beta builds option and click on the Check Now button. As long as you're using the 4.3 1Password Browser Extension (the latest stable release which Safari should have if it is automatically updating extensions) then you should be able to create a new Login using our Saving a Login Manually guide and hopefully have as much success as I did with my test Login item.

If you do chose to do so please do let us know how you find it.

• rodney_swan
    rodney_swan
    Community Member

I too have been having the same CITI website problem with the username populating and nothing populating for the password. I have updated to the beta extension 4.4.0.b4 and have completed the new login using the technique in the guide and I corrected toe form details manually and saved the login. And it still refuses to populate the password field.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Rodney

• gvmelbrty
    gvmelbrty
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

Just to let everyone know.. after updating to the latest beta extension for Firefox on the Mac (4.4.0.b4), 1Password has finally successfully filled in the password at Citi using this url: https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do .. Don't know if it matters, but initially after saving the new login (Saving a Login Manually), the username portion of the 1password form has asterisks.. I left that alone (ex: Jo****bo). The password field had just the letter "a". I replaced that with the actual password. Now it works.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@gvmelbrty: YESSS!!! As a longtime Citibank vict...er, customer I have been waiting for this. I'm both glad to experience this myself, and share it with a kindred spirit! :)

And just in case anyone missed it, while the Citibank site fills in the fields with garbage before 1Password can save them, after editing the login item to add the correct username and password 1Password is able to fill the login successfully. :+1: :chuffed: :+1:

• Thanks for the update, @gvmelbrty! I'm glad Citi is working better for you now. I know @meek spent a long time getting Citi to work properly so he'll be very happy to hear this :)

Just so you know, @meek also fixed Save Login on Citi to grab the proper username. This username fix will be available in the next update to the main 1Password application.

This discussion has been closed.