Request: navigation letters for login item list, just like iOS version

Options
Scott_R
Scott_R
Community Member

Just that. Makes it much easier to navigate to a login item way down the list, rather than guessing its location.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like that too.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Scott_R‌ and @hawkmoth‌

I know that particular feature comes from simply by having a list in iOS so I don't know if we'll see its inclusion in 1Password for Mac. I'll certainly ask though.

How do you feel about the following suggestion though? With the list in focus, hitting any key will take you to that part of the list. I can't easily test what happens if you don't have any that begin with a particular letter as it turns out I now cover the entire alphabet. Is that an acceptable alternative (one you can use right now)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables - Ah, nice. I didn't realize that. When the application starts, the focus is in the search box, though, not in the list. My habit has been to start a search, since there in no letter index. If the focus defaulted to the list, your tip would be even more helpful.

• I can see how focusing to the list by default could be helpful. And when focused on the list, not only is it possible to press a single key, but you can even type a phrase to locate a login in the list (very similar to search).

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I am going to be a little difficult (not unknown, I appreciate!). I really like the fact that the search box is focused when the app starts. I almost invariably know a key word that will take me immediately to the login I need and all I have to do is to start typing that word. I don't necessarily recall the index letter of the relevant login.

I do appreciate others have different views and needs, of course. :)

Edit: I note JasperP's comment about typing a phrase when the list is focused but the result does not display quite so clearly as typing a key word in the search box (which will completely isolate the relevant login).

Stephen

• Thanks for the feedback, Stephen! If we do ever make the change, I'm thinking it would likely be optional. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I often tap Tab to move input focus from the search field to the item list.

This discussion has been closed.