clean install of Yosemite - synced with Dropbox

Options
stevew1955
stevew1955
Community Member

Hi,

can you please tell me when i come to re-install 1 password after a clean install, do i just download it from dropbox where i have synced all my data sorry if i am stating the obvious but i don't want to lose all my passwords, and i am unsure of the process

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stevew1955‌

Given the importance of your 1Password data and assuming you haven't already performed your clean installation of Yosemite then you can do a couple of extra things just to ease your mind.

Enter 1Password's preferences and head into the Backup tab. Click the Backup Now button and then the Show Files button. This will open a Finder window at the location of all of your backups. Copy the latest backup somewhere safe like a pen drive etc.

Should it be needed? the answer is no but then why take the chance.

As for what to do after the clean installation of both Yosemite and 1Password that's pretty simple so don't worry. Here's a link to a guide for Getting started again on a new computer. Essentially you say you're an existing user and then you point 1Password to the location of your vaults.

If you have any more questions please do post back here and we'll get you sorted out.

• stevew1955
    stevew1955
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You lbt

Your advice is much appreciated, and No, I haven't done a clean install yet, even though I made the boot installer ages ago, this has took a lot of my mind
    once again thanks

steve

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stevew1955‌ If you have any more questions before you bite the bullet just let us know.

A general piece of advice for a clean install is if you can, a complete disk image of what you had before is an amazing backup. Programs like SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner will allow you to create a bootable image of your disk. That might help ease any fears and you'll know that any file you had before is retrievable.

This discussion has been closed.