Browser extensions not in sync w/ app ever since updating

Options
megmo
megmo
Community Member

I've emailed Support about this, but it's been two weeks (and I've followed up twice) and I haven't heard a peep beyond the automated message, so I am hoping someone here can help me.

I recently updated my Mac to Yosemite and updated 1Password to the newest version. Ever since, my browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome and Safari do not include all of the passwords that the app itself contains. The weird thing is that these aren't passwords that were very recently added; one of the passwords I use all the time is missing and I added it almost a year ago. And new passwords that I add via the browser extensions are added into the app. I just don't know how to get some of these passwords that do exist in the app back into the browser extensions.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the plugins, but that didn't work. I remember a few versions ago I could go into the 1Password app and under the Help menu there was an option to "restart helper," but that doesn't exist anymore.

So, I am at a loss as to what to do, and after two weeks I'm giving up hope that their Support team has any interest in helping me. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @megmo,

I am truly sorry that you had to wait so long for a response. We've experienced a surge in support requests recently that have left our customers waiting longer than usual, and we are all doing our best to get back to our usual snappy responses just as soon as possible!

I took a look in our email system and see that you've (finally) had your issue sorted out by someone on our team. If you have any further questions, we are here for you.

ref: RZX-78934-391

• megmo
    megmo
    Community Member
    Options

No worries. I'm glad your Twitter person is on top of your replies because he/she got my ticket some attention, which I really appreciate. I hate having to reach out using social media, but I was going nuts.

Thanks again!

• Hi @megmo,

I'm glad Chris was able to help get things sorted out! :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• PR1
    PR1
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar problem (but without updating to Yosemite) - logins that have updated in the 1P app on my iMac are not being updated in the Firefox browser extension. I've removed and reinstalled the extension but still no luck. Any suggestions please?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PR1‌

Which version of 1Password are you using on your Mac?

• megmo
    megmo
    Community Member
    Options

PR1, the issue I was having was that somehow some of my logins got set to "display: Never" so they existed, they just didn't ever display in the browser extensions.

I'm not sure if this is what's happening to you since you only mentioned the issue with Firefox and not other browsers, but you might want to check the app and see. When you're looking at a certain login, click Edit and then look toward the bottom under "display." If it says "never," change this to "always" and then see if the logins start showing up in Firefox.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PR1 @megmo is certainly correct, that is one very good reason for an item not appearing assuming both the 1Password and 1Password extension are the correct versions for each other.

Without knowing more I also wonder if you're running a v3 and v4 extension/1Password combination as that would definitely not work either.

• PR1
    PR1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the replies. I checked the setting in the app for the particular login I noticed hasn't updated and it was already set to "Always", so that doesn't seem to be it. I don't know if there are others that aren't in sync - haven't noticed problems - but I just created a test item in the App and it isn't showing up in the extension either so something seems to be going on.

I'm using 3.8.22 on the Mac and the extension is 3.9.20.

Suggestions please?

• PR1
    PR1
    Community Member
    Options

So for some reason things have now started to work - both the one that wasn't updating before and the test login I put into the app are now showing up in the extension too. I have rebooted the Mac since yesterday, for other reasons, so maybe that somehow got things to click. Anyway, thanks for your help, problem solved - for now anyway.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PR1,

I'm happy to hear it started working for you! Rebooting the Mac certainly could have helped to sort things out. It's one of my favorite troubleshooting techniques. ;)

If you need anything else, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.