Logging into Dropbox with two-step verification and auto-submit enabled, results in Error 403

Options
aaronparker
aaronparker
Community Member
edited February 2015 in Mac

When attempting to login into the Dropbox web site (in Chrome or Safari) with auto-submit enabled in the login entry in 1Password and two-step verification / authentication enabled in Dropbox, the login is successful but the two-step (or token) entry is display very briefly and the browser then displays:

Error (403)
It seems you tried to do something we can't verify. Did you log into a different Dropbox account in a different window? Try clicking here to go back to the page you came from, or just go home.

This looks to be the same issue as outlined in this discussion: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/34277/problems-logging-into-dropbox-on-macbook-pro-imac. Turning auto-submit off for this login does allows me to login successfully.

However, I have both a Dropbox personal and Dropbox for Business account, both with two-step authentication enabled. This issue only occurs for the personal Dropbox account. Logging into the Dropbox for Business account with two-step verification and auto-submit enabled works.

I have created a new login for Dropbox personal in 1Password with the same details, but with the same result.

My next step is to try removing the Dropbox personal login in 1Password and then manually logging into Dropbox to have 1Password re-capture the login which might work, but I'm looking to see if I can debug this issue first.

• OS X 10.10.2
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.115
  • Safari 8.0.3
  • 1Password 5.1 (App Store version)
  • Dropbox sync 3.2.6 (logged into both accounts and sync 1Password in Dropbox)

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @aaronparker,

Could you check the web form details for me please in each Login item and compare the two entries. I wonder if there is a difference there that might help explain why one works while the other doesn't.

Both the field titles and field content can be a factor as one tells 1Password what to fill and the other part is where. If one has a row with a particular title and the other doesn't that might also be a cause.

• aaronparker
    aaronparker
    Community Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, there is a difference between the two web forms. I suspect that the Dropbox for Business page I've started from is different to the original sign in page I've used for my personal version. (Dropbox for Business is usually via a page sent by your administrator).

I can re-capture my personal Dropbox details with the same result (the web form is the same in both 1Password login entries). Comparing against the Dropbox for Business web form, the titles and fields are quite different.

Personal:

Business:

There is no way currently to manually edit the web form is there?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aaronparker,

You can make minor edits to the web form data if you edit the Login item but at the moment you can't create new entries to make one mimic the other.

It's hard to say, but you could try duplicating the business one and adapting it for the login credentials for your personal one. I can't say what the result will be but it might result in some slightly different outcome? Simply right clicking on a Login item will reveal the Duplicate option.

Let us know how you get along, I shall certainly be curious. My suspicion though is that the two pages are simply different and can't be handled in the same way. I am speculating though as I've never seen the login page for a Business Dropbox account which doesn't sound surprising if you have to be supplied the URL but the account administrator.

This discussion has been closed.