1Password extension in Opera browser

Options
iBozz
iBozz
Community Member

Try as I might, I cannot get the 1Password Opera extension to install.

I am using a quad-core i7 iMac under MacOSX.10.10.2 Build 14C1514, Opera 12.16 Build 1860 and 1Password v5.1 (510035).

The "Once your download completes" screen which the instructions allege I should see (https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions/opera?beta=false) never appears. It asks me what to do with the file (1Password-4.3.0.90.crx) which is Help, Cancel, Save or Open and indicates that it is openable with Chrome.

Whether I leave that with Chrome, change it to Opera, save it to Downloads or Desktop - nothing happens!

And why default to Chrome as the option, I wonder? I have a copy but rarely if ever use it.

I installed the extension in Safari with panache and flamboyant ease but Opera has defeated me. :-)

What, apart from being congenitally incompetent, am I doing wrong?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iBozz,

You are unfortunately attempting to install a Chromium based extension designed for Opera 15 and higher, currently sitting at Opera 28.

I know your pain. I was a holdout on Opera 12 for a while until it just got silly for the potential lack of updates and a slowly growing incompatibility of sites. I tried the new Opera, I can't remember which particular version and it put me off Opera, enough so I looked at the other browsers and eventually settled on Safari as the least annoying. I'll keep an eye on Vivaldi though and see how that progresses.

What it means though is there is no extension for Opera 12. Sorry for the bad news.

This discussion has been closed.