Failed to Unlock. Cannot load keychain profile.

Options
frostta
frostta
Community Member

I received that error message tonight when trying to log into 1 password. I recently downloaded 1 Password 5 from app store because my safari extension wasn't working and it needed me to open up the desktop app to try and resolve the issue. My desktop app was an older version and wouldn't load so I bought the newest version.

I sync using dropbox and the keychain file is in there but for some reason is not working any more.

Thoughts?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@frostta: Sorry for the trouble! Just to clarify, it sounds like you might have a few different versions of 1Password hanging around. Is that the case?

Make sure you remove old versions you're no longer using to avoid confusion, and then let me know what OS, browser, and 1Password versions you're working with so we can get this sorted out for you. :)

• frostta
    frostta
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1 password 5 (downloaded from the app store). I was previously using 1 password 3. I'm currently using Mac OS 10.10.3 and safari.

My 1 Password still works on my PC at work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @frostta ,

I've moved this post to the 1Password for Mac forum, since we're speaking about 1Password 5 for Mac here specifically.

If you've migrated from 1Password 3 to 1Password 5, you need to be sure that you've migrated your browser extensions as well, as the 1Password 3 browser extensions won't work with 1Password 5. Have you Uninstalled 1Password 3 browser extensions and downloaded the 1Password 5 extensions from our extension download page?

If so, please let us know if you're still seeing the same error after upgrading to 1Password 5, or if you're seeing something else. The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get this sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.