Feature Request: Please save recipe for each logon.

Options
dmanifold
dmanifold
Community Member

Could you please add a feature to remember a password recipe for each logon.
I like to have the strongest password possible but still type-able if necessary, but some sites have limits on password length or have extreme password requirements. On some sites you have to use trial and error to find the limits.
It would be handy to be able just to setup the recipe for each logon and use it again and again without having to reconfigure for each time.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:recipe

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @dmanifold,

I've added your post to an existing request to see this happen as way of a vote for it. I do see your point, with some sites it really is a matter of trial and error (and in my case liberal cursing) before you manage to find the hidden requirements. Heck, I've even been on sites where they flat out lie. At the moment I use the Notes field for this sort of info for the next time I dare to create a strong password for that site but an automated approach would be nicer I agree. I can't make any promises as to if or when but hopefully we can come up with something :smile:

ref: OPM-1530

• dmanifold
    dmanifold
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables thank you very much. Another thought, if it is automated, the requirements for a site could be shared. even and a name and shame security rating could be posted :). I,ve been shocked by a bank of mine limiting the password length to 20.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmanifold, on behalf of littlebobbytables, you're very welcome! You're right, the password requirements of some sites can be quite surprising. I've seen some financial sites limit passwords to even less than 20 characters, if you can believe it!

We're always glad to help, so please let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.