1Password (5) look and feel for Windows

Using my new MacBook now very extensive, I noticed the clean way it was designed.

There are new Categories for E-Mail and Server, "All Objects" and "Favorites" are at the top and so on. All in all it looks more modern and is much more fun (and simpler) to use because of the new categories and the style things were ordered.

Since the iOS App already used the same design as MacOS X, I'm wondering whether or not there are any plans to redesign 1Password for Windows. I (and I guess there are a few others - I do know some people that think the same) would really appreciate such a development.

P.S.: This would also be much more like the flattened Windows 10 Look and Feel :+1:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @boindil,

Redesigning 1Password for Windows is in the plans but as per our policy, we do not release details about our future plans.

There are new Categories for E-Mail and Server, "All Objects" and "Favorites" are at the top and so on.

1Password for Windows have these. By default, they're grouped into Accounts, you can go to the View Menu in 1Password to deselect Accounts and both categories will show up on the sidebar.

Favorites are on top of the sidebar but if you don't see it, it might be hidden. Go to the View Menu to select Favorites and it'll show up on top of the sidebar.

All items is on the bottom of the sidebar, look for a purple folder called All and it'll be the same as All Items.

P.S.: This would also be much more like the flattened Windows 10 Look and Feel :+1:

We actually have a separate team working on a Windows Store version of 1Password that has a more modern look. You can try out the latest 1Password Alpha build at the Windows Store. It is very early in the development but it should give you an idea of what the future could look like for 1Password.

• boindil
    boindil
    Community Member
    edited October 2015

Hi @MikeT ,
    thanks for the quick answer and the helpful tips. I think the mentioned solutions are satisfying until the internal plans are finished :-D

have a nice day :chuffed:

• You're welcome and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.