Basic Authentication / HTAccess / HTTP Auth [will work using Open and Fill in 1Password X]

Options

Comments

• petro
    petro
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Sadly, I've got 25 entries in my Mac keychain using basic HTTP auth

• andrewewhite
    andrewewhite
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• jadefalcon1
    jadefalcon1
    Community Member
    Options

9+ months have passed and this still isn't implemented? As noted on the first page of comments, the code to do this is already available in open-source land. Grab it and get it done.

• k_jag
    k_jag
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

+1 as well, but for all browsers. I use Firefox, Safari and Chrome interchangeably.

• Valvaris
    Valvaris
    Community Member
    Options

+1 For me too - Im so close to buy 1 Password and im hesitating because of this feature... -.-

I quit Lastpass since the hack and changed all my Passwords about 200+ 1Password made this Easy to manage - I would like to buy but I need this feature to happen. ;)

Lastpass - Roboform - and a few others can but i dont want to save my Key-chain on the Cloud!

Please release this feature this makes Administration of Websites allot more convenient.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just wanted to add a quick note to address the several new comments here--we want you all to know that we're still monitoring this thread and counting every individual vote in our internal issue tracker. Our developers are hard at work to make 1Password better than ever, and while we don't currently have any news to report on this, we do recognize the importance of adding this auth support to the extension, and we value your feedback. Thanks again for being engaged users and letting us know how we can make 1Password better for you. :+1:

ref: OPX-717

• cybersmog
    cybersmog
    Community Member
    Options

This thread is now one year old and nothing has happened so far. The promises of the agilebits staff are getting more and more untrustworthy! There is no roadmap or anything that makes me confident that this feature will arrive sooner or later.

• deweller
    deweller
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here. I use HTTP auth every day and would love to see this feature implemented in 1Password 5.

• dgouldin
    dgouldin
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my vote.

• irisli
    irisli
    Community Member
    Options

I made an account just so I could +1 here.

+1

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks all for adding your votes, and please continue to do so.

As usual, we can't promise anything, but your needs are most definitely noted.

• benrichards
    benrichards
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I still have to keep an old LastPass account laying around to handle my HTTP auth sites. Would be nice to see some "Agile" software development.. The "Bits" are moving mighty slow on this one...

• foobar
    foobar
    Community Member
    Options

+1. Like others, I created a forum account just so I could post this.

For the AgileBits employees: if you find yourself saying the same thing about a proposed feature (which many users would like to see implemented) over multiple years, take this as a sign that you should look deeper. If this feature request has been relayed to the developers (multiple times?), perhaps you could relay back what they have said? "We'll pass it on to the developers" sounds sincere for the first several months, but at this point when you repeat it, it just sounds like corporate BS, something I don't associate with AgileBits' corporate identity.

My guess is that the reason this hasn't been implemented comes down to one of the following things:
    1. Since the 1P extension has to run on multiple browsers, if HTTP AUTH support is not possible in all browsers then the developers don't want to spend time on it until it can run everywhere.
    2. This feature is considered lower priority compared to everything else on the feature tracking list.

Perhaps AgileBits could use a feature voting system like IdeaWall or UserVoice, which would make it easier to see what features users want.

Thanks for making 1Password awesome (except for the lack of HTTP AUTH support ;) )

• kmillecam
    kmillecam
    Community Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

+1 from me too.

Looks like this thread was opened more than a year ago.
    Just sayin'

• nnppss
    nnppss
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• mirogoldberg
    mirogoldberg
    Community Member
    Options

+2

• scthi
    scthi
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• moritzs
    moritzs
    Community Member
    Options

+1 count me in: Please, please, please add this feature!

• Yuriy
    Yuriy
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• jmarlin
    jmarlin
    Community Member
    Options

+1 Even if the implementation is partial or only supports certain browsers, it would be an improvement over nothing. At least 5% of the PWs I need to keep track of are basic auth.

• guillaumemarchand
    Options

+1

• demimismo
    demimismo
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• sethpackham
    sethpackham
    Community Member
    Options

+1

1Password has been one of my favorite tools I've ever purchased. Yet, I'm still frustrated several times a day when I have to go copy and paste my password manually into a basic auth prompt. Please develop this feature!

• d_stone
    d_stone
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this Feature.

By the way: A funny feature for this forum would be a Basic Auth, right? :p

• lucianosantana
    lucianosantana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there ! I'm trying out 1Password for the first time. Have been using KeePass for quite some time , but friends told me 1Password has better integration so I've decided to give it a go. HTTP Auth integration is a key feature for me and the lack of it makes me wanna go back to KeePass . I will keep testing 1Password to see if there some "super awsome" feature that compensates the lack of HTTP Auth integration.

I'd like to hear from AgileBits team, are you guys developing that already ? Are you planning to do so ? Do you have a schedule or an idea if and when that feature would be released ?

Thank you

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2015
    Options

Folks,

Thank you for the continued feedback on this issue.

I'd like to hear from AgileBits team, are you guys developing that already ? Are you planning to do so ? Do you have a schedule or an idea if and when that feature would be released ?

I am not aware of any definite plans to support HTTP auth. It is certainly something that we would like to do, but beyond that I do not have any additional information to share.

That certainly isn't a "no," but it is unlikely something we'll see in the immediate future. Sorry I don't have the answer you're looking for.

1. Since the 1P extension has to run on multiple browsers, if HTTP AUTH support is not possible in all browsers then the developers don't want to spend time on it until it can run everywhere.

I know that at least for a time that was a concern. I'm not sure if it is still true or not, but it definitely has been in the past.

1. This feature is considered lower priority compared to everything else on the feature tracking list.

There are a lot of considerations that go into determining if a feature will be included or not, and that decision is constantly being re-evaluated. Time & other resource constraints, demand, impact, and many other factors have to be looked at.

Ben

• lyricnz
    lyricnz
    Community Member
    Options

Come on guys, this is a real drag! I need to login to network devices all day that are protected by basic auth, and 1password missing this is a real pain!

• RTemi
    RTemi
    Community Member
    Options

One more vote to the mystic "internal issue tracker". +1

1Password is a great product, please make it a tiny bit better! :)

• beamerblvd
    beamerblvd
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1.

I use HTTP Auth every day. Bummer that 1Password slows down my work flow on those sites.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me, and then on behalf of every user that has posted in here before me, add another +1 from each of them. (I'm sure they won't mind).

This discussion has been closed.