My master password is not being accepted on my Mac but is on my iOS device. I did not change it.

johnpetersonmyers
johnpetersonmyers
Community Member

My master password stopped being accepted on my MacBook Pro but is being accepted on my iPhone 6s. I have synched the iPhone with the cloud. How do I synch my MacBook pro with the cloud so that the cloud overwrites the macbook pro, not the other way around?

I did not change my password. I was already having problems with my Mac's 1password and was in conversation with agile bits about it. This involved a credit card verification number line that doesn't appear. Here is that discussion (I have been traveling on business the last few days): https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/290841#Comment_290841

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/new-computer-icloud, kb-search:password not working, kb:master-password-not-accepted

Comments

• mblocker
    mblocker
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue. I can login to 1password on my iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro - V6.3.1 but not on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.4) V6.1.

• Hi @johnpetersonmyers

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. Here is what I'd recommend:

1) Turn off syncing on both devices.
    2) Follow these instructions to delete the 1Password data from the Mac: (Mac) How do I start over with an empty vault?
    3) Turn syncing back on for the iPhone: https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/syncing.html
    4) Sync the Mac with the same service as the iPhone: Syncing your 1Password data | 1Password 6 for Mac

Please let us know how it turns out!

Ben

• mblocker
    mblocker
    Community Member

I tried restarting (again) my Mac first and it worked! May have had something to do with new version of OS X now having fully installed during the update.

• Thanks for the update @mblocker!

Ben

• johnpetersonmyers
    johnpetersonmyers
    Community Member

So I turned off iCloud sync on both the iPhone and the Mac. 1Passport on the Mac then got even stranger. The panel that asks for the master password turned transparent and showed only the outline of the panel. No place to enter password. I shut it down and started it again. Same thing. I shut my Mac down the whole way, turned it back on, and now everything is ok on the Mac. It even recognizes the master password to my vault, which it was telling me was wrong. But I can't turn sync back on again in the phone. I get a message that it's looking for iCloud information that then times out. When I cancel and go back to the page that says "Choose a sync method' I am told "iCloud depends on CloudKit, which requires 1Password 5 on iOS 8 and OS X 10.10." I am running iOS9 and whatever the most recent iOS 1Password there is (I always update). I'm running OS X 10.11.4. I've used 1Password for years and never had a problem until this series of errors that began (it seems) when I installed the most recent update for 1Password 6 about 2 weeks ago.

• Thanks @johnpetersonmyers. Sounds like progress, but let's see if we can't get sync working again. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• johnpetersonmyers
    johnpetersonmyers
    Community Member

Diagnostics report sent. With respect to the report from mblocker, above, I had already restarted OS X before and the problems continued, at least for me.

• johnpetersonmyers
    johnpetersonmyers
    Community Member

Oh... and it would be very impolite of me not to indicate how pleased I am by the responsiveness of the support team. THANK YOU!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnpetersonmyers: We're not there yet, but thank you for the kind words. We'll get this sorted out for you!

However, I'm not seeing anything in our system from this address. If you'll post the Support ID you received here we can track it down and get back to you faster though. Thanks in advance! :)

• johnpetersonmyers
    johnpetersonmyers
    Community Member

Happy easter. I believe this is the support ID I received: #CZL-79661-715

• Thanks!

Ben

ref: ALC-53633-771

This discussion has been closed.