why on some sites when using my computer the username and password don't populate and open.

wallyworld
wallyworld
Community Member

when using ipad i have the option of clicking on a key and they then populate on the mac I see no option to trigger need information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:why some site will not automatically populate username and password. On my ipad i have the option

Comments

• Hi @wallyworld ,

When you install the 1Password extension, you should see a 1Password button in the address bar. Clicking that will let you fill. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Command \

If you don't see the button in the address bar, you can install the extensions by launching the 1Password app and choosing Install Browser Extensions… in the 1Password menu.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• wallyworld
    wallyworld
    Community Member

It says safari can't install the extension ...An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wallyworld: That usually happens because the extension is already installed. Go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and remove it from there, and then you should be able to install the latest version. Please let us know how it turns out!

This discussion has been closed.