To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving to Accounts

Options
TylerK
TylerK
Community Member

I recently moved to 1Password Accounts and have a few question...
1. Where is the password data stored? Do I still need a local folder or Dropbox sync to store it?
2. Where can I find my backups?
3. How do I get backups stored on my Dropbox? I am using the Windows version and I don't see an option for backups.
Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.0.245D
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If using online accounts, do I still need local folder or Dropbox vault to store the data?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TylerK,

Thanks for signing up for a 1Password account. :)

The data is stored on 1Password.com, but each client has its own local cache of it. That allows you to access your data even if you don't have an Internet connection. When you are back online, any changes you made while offline will sync.

Backups are also stored on 1Password.com. Wholesale restoration of entire vaults/accounts isn't yet available in the UI that users see, but backups are made any time you make a change. Learn how to view and restore previous versions of items in 1Password accounts.

Since 1Password.com handles that backups automatically, Dropbox isn't involved in any way.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

This discussion has been closed.