Trying to login to Stocktwits.

Options

Trying to login to Stocktwits and initially no response w Firefox browser plugin. Opened 1Password app and finally after a few minutes it filled in the login. The whole app seem very slow to fill in logins and very unresponsive in general. Is this as good as it gets? Using a Mac w OSX 10.11.6 and latest Firefox and 1Password versions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Stocktwits

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@way77: That definitely sounds like nothing I've experienced before, so I wonder if there's some interaction specific to your setup. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

http://support.1password.com/cs/version/

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, what is the URL for the page you're having trouble with? Or is it multiple pages? Just having a concrete example may help shed some light on things. Thanks in advance! :)

• way77
    way77
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    I enclosed all pertinent info in original post. Latest versions (as of 11/3/16) of all software and login to Stocktwits. Issue seems most prevalent after Mac has been in sleep. After waking up Mac from sleep, 1password will not respond or fill in passwords for what seems like 1-2 minutes.

• way77
    way77
    Community Member
    Options

Curious.... did you read initial post?
    Thanx

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2016
    Options

Curious.... did you read initial post? Thanx

@way77: Yep! Again, I think the issue I'm having is that I'm not sure exactly what I should be testing. I found a signin page, and was able to successfully save and fill using 1Password 6.5, Firefox 49.0.2, and extension version 4.6.1. But I'm not sure if this is even close to the configuration you're having trouble with. So without more information, I'm just kind of guessing.

In many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form. Just try these steps to save the login manually:

1. Navigate to https://stocktwits.com/signin
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosumbit disabled

That's what I did. If you're still having trouble, be sure to let me know what's different in your case. Do you have the same issue in other browsers, or is only Firefox having trouble after waking from sleep? Does it work fine if the Mac is awake when you start using it? We'll get to the bottom of this!

• way77
    way77
    Community Member
    Options

Firefox 49.0.2, Mac OSX 10.12.1, 1Password 6.3.5 (latest from App store), 1Password extension 4.6.1. Where did your 6.5 come from if App store has latest version?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@way77 1Password 6.5 is the latest beta release. It does have some updated form filling logic, but otherwise, it shouldn't be functionally different to what you have.

If the URL that @brenty mentioned is the correct one for signing in, I would be quite surprised if 1Password isn't able to handle it. It's a pretty simple form and while saving a new Login in the browser should work, this page should fill even if you saved it in the main 1Password application. Did you try creating a new Login like Brenty suggested?

If you still have trouble and the issue presents more often after waking from sleep like I think I understand it to from your posts, I'd be curious to see a diagnostics report. This will have logs and other system information (but none of your 1Password data) that will help us understand better what is happening on your system. It'd be most helpful if the report is created immediately after you notice the problem.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.