To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

opened a 1password account - all my data disappeared

emly75
emly75
Community Member

I'm just trying to sort out where my sync'ed files are - I've got it sent up to icloud, but can't find the files. ; the back ups on my computer are hidden under app support for 1password 4.

So looking for two answers - I signed up for a 1password account and now the 1password app on my computer has NO DATA.

1. Where is all my data and how can I get it back on my computer.

2. how can I move my computer "backup" files to a more convenient locations.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:opened a 1password account - all my data disappeared

Comments

• emly75
    emly75
    Community Member

I switched to primary vault and found my data. I don't understand how to use my 1password account or if I should

• amasea
    amasea
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem on my iphone, where all my data has been stored because I couldn't get 1password working on my mac (and I've been putting off fixing it). I cannot access my data. This is a major problem.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @emly75

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can work. You can read everything about the 1Password.com accounts and local vault here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/the-difference-between-a-1password-com-account-and-standalone-license#latest

Depending on what you want and need you can decide whether you want to keep on using the account or switch back to local vaults only. If you want to use your account, then you'll need to migrate your data.

Please let us know what you decide so we can guide you to getting 1Password set up again on the path you prefer :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.