To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

how to add a person to a family account?

Options
HalfBekend
HalfBekend
Community Member

I have sent an invitation from the admin console. The invitation is received. But please then explain step by step. Do I need to create an account or not?
I found https://support.1password.com/add-remove-team-members/
but that does not say what the receiving person should do.

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: family account

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HalfBekend ,

Thanks for reaching out! :smile:

Whenever you send out an invitation to another user to join your Family account, you are not actually creating an account for them. Rather, you are sending them a link to have them create an account themselves. Therefore, the invitation link will allow the user you are inviting to create their own account. You should not have to create an account for your family members, as the link will allow them to create an account themselves.

Please feel free to ask if you would like any additional clarification!

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, and I did (option individual account), but then I don't get with the new account in the family account. Is there a step by step instruction somewhere?
    Do I need to create a individual account or a family account? With family account I was not sure what signin to use.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HalfBekend - As the person inviting people, you will need a Family account (Individual accounts are only... well... for individuals). The invitee, however, doesn't need to set up a separate Individual account, (s)he will be a user on your Family account. If the invitee follows the instructions in the invitation email, they'll get guided through the setup process. I hope this helps. :)

• HalfBekend
    HalfBekend
    Community Member
    Options

We got there in the end, not via the guidance in the email though, but via a film on YouTube. So problem solved :)

• Hi @HalfBekend - Sorry for the troubles but I'm glad to hear everything worked out. Let us know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help out. Have a fantastic day! :-)

This discussion has been closed.