To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Item count anomalies and duplicates after moving to Account from Dropbox

Options
mikebore
mikebore
Community Member

I have just moved over from Dropbox syncing to an Individual account. All seemed to go well and at the appropriate point I selected option to delete the old vault. But some problems:

1. Before I switched over there were 550 items. After switching over on y main Mac, there are now 626 items.
  2. After switching my second Mac over it has 1176 items, lots of duplicates. (NB 1176=550+626!)
  3. After switching my iPhone over it also has 1176 items.
  4. The account website has 1176 items.
  5. After switching the second Mac and iPhone over the original Mac still has 626.

Clearly I did something wrong but I am at loss to know at what point. How can I sort this out please? Can I start all over, revert to Dropbox and start again?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

OK I have solved the main part of my problem by realising that my second Mac and iPhone still had the original vault as well as the Account vault. Once I had selected only the new account vault they also show 626 items. So now all three devices and the web login show 626.

I transferred the second Mac and iPhone using the QR code, and don't recall seeing an option to delete the original vault, which I was offered on the first Mac.

Minor problem is why the new account vault is 626 when the Dropbox vault was 550? I cant see any duplicates. I don't recall how many trash items there were in Dropbox but there are 5 in the new account vault so it seems unlikely that it has un-trashed the old deleted items. Where has the extra 76 items come from?

• Hello @mikebore - Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for the migration issues but I'm glad you were able to resolve it by deleting your original Primary vault. Now did you have any attachments in your Primary vault previously when you were syncing with Dropbox? This could be the reason for the additional number of items. With our new 1Password.com accounts, attachments work a little differently and are now called Documents. There is an entire new category for them so this might be why you're seeing more items now compared to before. Let me know if this is the case or if you have any additional questions. Have a fantastic day and I look forward to hearing back from you :-)

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much....that is indeed the explanation!

• Hi @mikebore - You're very welcome. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help out :-)

This discussion has been closed.