To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to save Emergency Kit using desktop client

Options
DasPike
DasPike
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Memberships

Using the desktop client in macOS, I am able to save the Emergency Kit. After it generates and I click on the View button it prompts the following message. I have Adobe Acrobat but it does not allow me to select the program.

I logged into the website and generated and saved my kit that way but I shouldn't have had to go this route. You may want to look into this. On a minor note I'm also not able to update my profile pic in the desktop client.

1Password Version: 6.5.3 (653000)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DasPike,

Sorry you've had trouble saving your Emergency Kit. Can you describe how you're doing this?

Using the desktop client in macOS, I am able to save the Emergency Kit.

There's currently no way to do that directly with the 1Password for Mac app.

I logged into the website and generated and saved my kit that way but I shouldn't have had to go this route.

Unless you've discovered some other method I'm unaware of, that's still the only way to generate and save it. :)

On a minor note I'm also not able to update my profile pic in the desktop client.

That's correct; it has to be done using the 1Password.com web app. We hope to add more capabilities for updating 1Password account profiles directly from our desktop client apps.

• DasPike
    DasPike
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply! Of course now I can't remember what I did and replicate the issue but I do remember it being the Quests to Conquer section that led me to it. But not the QtC section on the website, I found it somewhere else because the dialog box was not in the upper right corner. No matter, if I am to replicate it again I'll let you know. Thanks again!

• Hi @DasPike - On behalf of @sjk you're very welcome. Let us know if this happens again so we can take a closer look :-)

Have a fantastic weekend!

This discussion has been closed.