To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Place to understand 1Password.com as opposed to years using AgileBits.com standalone versions.

Options
three-cushion
three-cushion
Community Member
edited February 2017 in Memberships

I have used 1PW for several years.....i.e. The individual versions for each device. I want to get a short, concise summary of what's involved to switch to 1Password.com.
How is my data transferred to your server? How do I connect a new device to 1PW? What do I do with the data now on Dropbox? Will I Never require the use of Dropbox w/ 1PW for sync ever again?

A nice crisp explanation would be nice.....
I am used to storing the pw data on each system...making it easy (faster?) to access. What can I do to get my data to me from your server,, if needs be? How fast is access to my PWs from your server for daily work w/1PW?
I use a VPNon all access to the Web. Will 1Password.com work OK?

I hope you can point me to your usual brilliant essays about my concerns.

Jim B
PS I have 3 devices...an iMac (10.10.5 plus 1PW at 6.6.1), an iPad (ver3 w/ retina...but stuck at iOS 9.3.5 due to Apple w/1PW ver 6.5.2 Pro), an iPhone (ver 6 w/ iOS 10.2.1 and 1PW at 6.5.2 Pro)

1Password Version: 6.6.1, 6.5.2,
Extension Version: Latest one?.i think
OS Version: OS 10.10.5, iOS 9.3.5, iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• robpele
    robpele
    Community Member
    Options

I am in a similar situation to Jim B. I have used 1password since 2013 on 6 devices synced via icloud. Purchased via Agilebits. It works fine. I saw Dave's latest email and went to check out the subscription info. I tried to sign in, but was told I did not have an account, which was confusing, since I have communicated with Dave and support in the past, so I signed up for a new one, which required me to create a new Master pw and then port my vault data to this new account vault. So now I have a ipw account and an AgileBits account. However this new account master pw does not work with my existing vault. So Like Jim B I am unsure why I should change over to this new account. Why should I change? If I do, what will I need to do on each device to make them all work like they do already? Why? why? why? And if you can provide good reasons why I should switch then please explain how it will work differently, for instance- will the current browser extensions work?, Then How I should make the change on each device, and what I should the do with the old apps, vault, and Icloud sync process.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @three-cushion and @robpele - Thanks for raising your questions. As they're similar I'll try to answer them in one fell swoop, if you don't mind.

First, I guess we'll need to clear up a misconception that some people have when they've using 1Password for years: Yes, you enter a password (your Master Password) when you unlock 1Password, but that does not mean that you have an account. The Master Password decrypts your data directly on the device, there is no 'backend' involved. 1Password has – for the greater part of its existence – primarily been a local application only. Yes, you could set it up to sync through Dropbox or iCloud, but that's about it. I hope this clears up the confusion about not being able to sign in to an account as an existing user.

I said 'for the greater part of its existence'. In 2016 we introduced the 1Password subscription service. It's a different way to use and pay for 1Password. I could go on for hours about the why, but I'd like to point you to this article instead. I'd recommend you read it, as it explains very well what the advantages are and why we came up with it. My favorite part when it comes to the 'why, why, why' is this part from the FAQs below that article:

As the years went by, we saw that the way people used technology was changing. Our customers no longer had just one computer but multiple laptops, desktops, tablets, and smartphones. They rightly expected their secure information to be available everywhere, always. For many users, it became difficult and costly to have all the right licenses. And it was challenging to keep all those devices in sync by relying on third-party sync services.
    1Password accounts solve these problems for many customers by greatly simplifying payment and upgrades, and by introducing built-in sync, sharing, and management capabilities.

I hope the articles explains what you can expect from a subscription. If you have any additional questions here, please let me know.

I'll get into some of the specific questions now:

I want to get a short, concise summary of what's involved to switch to 1Password.com.

We have a great article about that (including a video) here. I think, it's not too complicated, as 1Password will help you through the process.

How is my data transferred to your server? How do I connect a new device to 1PW? What do I do with the data now on Dropbox? Will I Never require the use of Dropbox w/ 1PW for sync ever again?

We use three layers to protect things at rest and in transit. The first layer is based on your Master Password and Account key, which are used to derive a secret that is used to securely encrypt all of your data, both at rest and in transit between your devices and our servers. The second layer is based on the Secure Remote Password protocol. It allows your devices and our servers to make sure they are who they say they are. This provides an additional layer of protection against attack. The third and final layer is the standard TLS/SSL protocol. This layer provides a final layer of encryption and also allows your web browser to indicate that you were communicating directly with a 1Password web server.

You can connect new devices through the Preferences pane of the 1Password app. Just move to the Accounts tab, click plus and follow the instructions. You can find more details about this here.

Once your data is stored securely in your 1Password account, you won't have any need for Dropbox anymore (at least not for 1Password). You can delete the old vault from your Dropbox.

What can I do to get my data to me from your server,, if needs be? How fast is access to my PWs from your server for daily work w/1PW?

1Password caches your data locally, so it even works offline. If network latency is something you worry about, don't. You won't notice it.
    As far as getting your data from the server is concerned, we don't hold your data hostage. You can export it at any time and take it elsewhere, if need be.

I use a VPNon all access to the Web. Will 1Password.com work OK?

We haven't tested it with that service specifically, but my best guess is it should work, unless the service does weird stuff with the connection (which it shouldn't really do). 1Password accounts come with a 30-day trial, so you'll have enough time to learn if it works in your specific environment before you make a commitment.

So Like Jim B I am unsure why I should change over to this new account. Why should I change? If I do, what will I need to do on each device to make them all work like they do already? Why? why? why? And if you can provide good reasons why I should switch then please explain how it will work differently, for instance- will the current browser extensions work?, Then How I should make the change on each device, and what I should the do with the old apps, vault, and Icloud sync process.

I hope the article I mentioned above will show you the reasons why having a subscription is the best way to use 1Password. The browser extensions work the same way, no matter if you're using a license or a subscription. The old apps will also be your new apps! :-) You just add the account to them in the Preferences. As I mentioned above, once the old data has been migrated, you won't need the vault connected to Dropbox/iCloud anymore. This article should really get you up and running on all your devices in no time.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know. We'll do our best to guide you! :)

• robpele
    robpele
    Community Member
    Options

Roman, thanks you for this. I would prefer to stay with my old paid for local version of 1 PW, at least for the time being. I did create a 1PW account (subscription?) and transferred my vault data to it, but did not erase or delete my old vault on any of my devices. Should I now simply delete this account?

Also part of my confusion came from the fact that I did (and do still) have an Agile Bits account. You might try warning people when they attempt to sing into the 1PW account for the first time (which they don't have, but may think they do) that this is different from their AB account.

• Hi @robpele - On behalf of @Roman, you're every welcome. If you didn't erase the data and everything is still located within your Primary vault, you can remove the account from your Mac then delete it if you don't wish to continue with the Families account. To remove the account from your Mac -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the Account tab then select your Families account from the list. Click on the "Sign Out" button to remove it from your Mac. Make sure all your data is still within your Primary vault before deleting the account online.

Again sorry for the confusion and I appreciate your constructive feedback and suggestions. I will definitely make sure to mention this to the team. Have a great day and let us know if you have any additional questions. :-)

• robpele
    robpele
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Frank. I signed out of the family account on my mac. then I went to sign in to my new account on 1PW online. I entered my email, account key (check to make sure it was the right one from the emergency kit) and the new pw I created for this account yesterday. Got the message that the email and account key were incorrect. So can I delete the account without signing in to it? what do I do now?

• Hi @robpele - Make sure all your 1Password data is located in your Primary vault before continuing. I just sent you over a special link that will delete the Families account. Again, make sure you still have access to your 1Password data within your Primary vault before deleting anything. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions.

• robpele
    robpele
    Community Member
    Options

Done. thank you

• You're very welcome. I hope you come back soon :-) Have a great day!

• billj
    billj
    Community Member
    Options

I have read the above thread, and the "What is the difference between a 1Password account and a standalone license?" article.

There are still questions that come to mind.

Is it correct to say that, going forward, "standalone" 1Password will no longer be available for sale (and for upgrading to Pro Features) on agilebits.com, the Mac App Store, and the iTunes App Store?

Will "legacy" owners of 1Password Mac and 1Password iOS still be able to sync between devices using iCloud or Dropbox, and still be able to update the software as new versions are posted? Would this apply to 1Password purchased from the Mac App Store, iOS App Store, and agilebits.com?

AgileBits has been extraordinarily generous with version upgrades to 1Password for both Mac and iOS. But if AgileBits decides not to provide free upgrades to 1Password 7, does that mean existing users of the standalone versions (who want to upgrade to 1Password 7) will need to switch to a subscription plan?

The "What is the difference" article states, "You can always view and export the data in your account, even after you cancel your subscription." What can't you do if you cancel your subscription?

On agilebits.com, a basic 1Password subscription costs $2.99/month, 1Password Families is $4.99/month. On the iTunes iOS App Store, under "top in-app purchases," a 1Password subscription is shown to be $3.99/month, Families $6.99/month. Which is correct?

In addition to 1Password "personal" and Families, agilebits.com offers two flavors of 1Password for Teams. How does "personal" and Families interact with Teams? For example, what if someone has a laptop they use at home and work, they subscribe to 1Password for their personal data, and their workplace subscribes to 1Password for Teams?

Do the 1Password subscription services allow for multiple vaults? Or is has that feature been eliminated?

Does `1Password subscription keep a complete copy of 1Password data on each device for offline access?

Under a subscription, will I be able to use 1Password Mac to save a backup of my data (like the 1Password xxx.1p4_zip files I currently create with "legacy" Mac App Store 1Password), and will I be able to restore 1Password from that backup? In other words, can I still keep my own, restorable backups of my data? Does the subscription service rely solely on 1Password.com for data backup?

If you're allowed to say, would you please explain how user data is stored under subscription plans? Are you using a service such as AWS, Azure, or Rackspace? Or are you storing on your own servers? How redundantly do you store our data, both in terms of data center locations (geographic redundancy) and storage hardware?

What is the privacy policy for 1Password subscription services? Are you able to decrypt user data and supply it to third parties, especially if you are presented with a court order?

Thanks.

• billj
    billj
    Community Member
    Options

In regard to my previous post, here's a screen shot of in-app purchase pricing shown on the iTunes iOS App Store, followed by a screenshot of subscription pricing shown on agilebits.com:

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Roman: thank you for a detailed answer. OK, I read the referenced articles including the video. I got most of my answers.

Now...a few more queries...
    I received Daves blog where I can get 6 months free usage trial for the subscription service.
    1) When Do I pay my annual fee...at end of 6 months?(note...I would not prefer monthly charges on a card).
    2) I assume I can regress to standalone at any time during this extended trial period?

Operationally, I understand our current standalone OS10 & iOS apps will connect to 1Password.com? No need to access a browser in iOS, say , to connect to my vault? Also, the Account pw is ONLY needed when adding a new device to 1PW?
    This should only happen after launching 1PW.com the first time? Then I attach my iPad &iPhone requiring Master &Account PWDs...correct?

Would it be best to start up the subscribed 1PW in MacOS ...thereby making it easy to save Account pw and the Emergency Kit? I would use my Secure Notes area on all devices to keep the access to Kit & Account PWD handy, plus I would save a paper copy.
    I trust MacOS more than iOS, since MacOS is the only computer involved...iPad and iPhone are simply NOT computers.

I'm still not sure where my data is stored during normal usage. I assume I still get auto fill. But some sites don't support that. So..I still must go to my 1PW app occasionally on any of my devices to copy UserID/PWDs to feed a site, correct?

If I have mis-interpreted any instructions please advise. Also, have I missed anything you think I need to try this?

Jim B

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @billj,

Wow, great questions! let me go into each answer in detail for you here:

Is it correct to say that, going forward, "standalone" 1Password will no longer be available for sale?

No, we're going to keep this around for customers who feel strongly that this is the way they'd like to use 1Password. Going forward, it's not going to be what we recommend, and our emphasis will be around subscriptions because we believe it's a better experience for most users. The stand-alone version will remain available, though.

Will "legacy" owners of 1Password Mac and 1Password iOS still be able to sync between devices using iCloud or Dropbox, and still be able to update the software as new versions are posted? Would this apply to 1Password purchased from the Mac App Store, iOS App Store, and agilebits.com?

The answer to this is currently "yes", however there may come a day where we do not release an update for the stand-alone version. This will probably depend on what our customers want in the future.

if AgileBits decides not to provide free upgrades to 1Password 7, does that mean existing users of the standalone versions will need to switch to a subscription plan?

I don't think this is the plan currently, but this may happen in the future. If you're buying a stand-alone version, you'll have to be okay with upgrades not being included in the license. They'll be a separate purchase if available, and they may not be available. Of course if you've gone this route, your stand-alone version will continue to work. Upgrading to a subscription will always be optional.

What can't you do if you cancel your subscription?

You can't edit or add new items once your subscription is expired, however we never prevent you from accessing your data.

On agilebits.com, a basic 1Password subscription costs $2.99/month, 1Password Families is $4.99/month. On the iTunes iOS App Store, under "top in-app purchases," a 1Password subscription is shown to be $3.99/month, Families $6.99/month. Which is correct?

They both are, but they're describing different things. $3.99/$6.99 are the monthly prices of a monthly plan, and it's the same on both. $2.99/$4.99 is the calculated monthly cost of an annual plan; There's a discount for paying annually. Currently (Feb 27, 2017) this option isn't available from in-app purchase, but we're looking at adding it.

How does "personal" and Families interact with Teams? For example, what if someone has a laptop they use at home and work, they subscribe to 1Password for their personal data, and their workplace subscribes to 1Password for Teams?

You can and would add multiple accounts to your 1Password apps. This way you can keep your personal and work items separate, but still have access to all of your items in one place. The apps have a "team selector" feature that lets you filter all your items by any of your accounts if you want to see items specific to one account. The default is to allow you to search your items across all accounts. When creating new items, you can choose where to save the item.

Do the 1Password subscription services allow for multiple vaults?

Absolutely.

Does `1Password subscription keep a complete copy of 1Password data on each device for offline access?

Yes, 100%. If your device has internet access, it will keep up to date.

Under a subscription, will I be able to use 1Password Mac to save a backup of my data (like the 1Password xxx.1p4_zip files I currently create with "legacy" Mac App Store 1Password), and will I be able to restore 1Password from that backup? In other words, can I still keep my own, restorable backups of my data? Does the subscription service rely solely on 1Password.com for data backup?

Currently we manage backups for you. We do them frequently and store them encrypted (on top of your existing encryption). Ideally you shouldn't ever have to do a backup of your own, however if you would still like to, you can select the account and go to File > Export to create an unencrypted local backup. The only caveat to this is that as of today, Feb 27, 2017, document items are not included in this backup as we changed how they are handled in subscription accounts. I expect this will be remedied soon.

If you're allowed to say, would you please explain how user data is stored under subscription plans? Are you using a service such as AWS, Azure, or Rackspace? Or are you storing on your own servers? How redundantly do you store our data, both in terms of data center locations (geographic redundancy) and storage hardware?

This is a great question with a very detailed answer. The short answer is AWS; everything is encrypted by you, client-side. As far as storage redundancy: our database is replicated six ways, across three Availability Zones, and is designed to transparently handle the loss of up to two copies of data without affecting availability. Disks are continuously scanned for errors and repaired automatically. Encrypted backups are made of the database frequently and kept for 35 days across multiple availability zones.

The long answer for how the security side of things works is in our security white paper: https://1password.com/files/1Password for Teams White Paper.pdf
    With a light summary here: https://1password.com/security/

What is the privacy policy for 1Password subscription services?

Our privacy policy is available here https://1password.com/privacy/

Are you able to decrypt user data and supply it to third parties, especially if you are presented with a court order?

Absolutely not. We designed the system specifically so that we are not able to read your data (see white paper). There's a very good reason for this. If we can't read it, we can't be the weak point in the security, and we can't be compelled to release your secrets. AgileBits would probably comply with a legal Canadian court order for a single user, but the most we could hand over is your encrypted items. We don't have your master password, and we don't have your account key. We really like and prefer it that way.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @three-cushion ,

I received Daves blog where I can get 6 months free usage trial for the subscription service.

I believe this offer is no longer available, but I could be mistaken. You may have to contact customer service to try to work something out if you have any problems with this.

1) When Do I pay my annual fee...at end of 6 months?(note...I would not prefer monthly charges on a card).

Yes

2) I assume I can regress to standalone at any time during this extended trial period?

Yes, though there may be some issues moving Document items back seamlessly.

Operationally, I understand our current standalone OS10 & iOS apps will connect to 1Password.com? No need to access a browser in iOS, say , to connect to my vault?

Correct.

Also, the Account pw is ONLY needed when adding a new device to 1PW?

No, that's not the case. your account password is like your master password. it's used to decrypt your items and you need it to access your items.

This should only happen after launching 1PW.com the first time? Then I attach my iPad &iPhone requiring Master &Account PWDs...correct?

You should use your master password for your account password so that they are the same. It gets confusing otherwise. You only ever use your master password, there is no separate account password; your account password is your master password. It's not something we know, and we can't reset it for you if you lose it.

Would it be best to start up the subscribed 1PW in MacOS ...thereby making it easy to save Account pw and the Emergency Kit? I would use my Secure Notes area on all devices to keep the access to Kit & Account PWD handy, plus I would save a paper copy.

I suspect the best experience is to do it through the web, because we've put the most effort into it, however it should work fine from the mac app as well. The emergency kit is meant to be printed out as a physical hard copy and put somewhere safe (a physical vault or safety deposit box is a great idea). It won't help you much if you lose access to your data and the emergency kit is inside your 1Password vault.

I'm still not sure where my data is stored during normal usage. I assume I still get auto fill. But some sites don't support that. So..I still must go to my 1PW app occasionally on any of my devices to copy UserID/PWDs to feed a site, correct?

Most sites support auto fill, and you can report any that aren't working correctly and we'll look into them, but yes, you can still copy your username and password to fill any site you're having trouble with.

Cheers,
    Steven

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Sororal:
    You say...(...contact customer service...) to ask about the one day offer from Dave for a 6 month trial. But how do I find such a contact...it is nowhere on any of your web options??

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

More questions. I still don't understand the Master vs Account PWs.. If the two PWs are identical Does that mean I must enter my Master twice for each access to an entry? That can't be...I'm sure. I just don't have a picture yet how all this will work in 1Password.com.

I saw nothing in the video to show an example...did I miss something?

Sorry for all the questions...it hasn't sunk in yet. When one takes the step one should feel confident how it will all pan out. Please point me to other 1PW docs I may have missed.

Jim b
    PS I VERY seldom use 1PW on my iPhone... I use it for texts and phone calls which it is well design to do. I use my iPad for 90% of all Internet usage. And my iMac is used for 'real' computing the other 10%. But it is very good to have 1PW available on all my devices.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @three-cushion ,

Does that mean I must enter my Master twice for each access to an entry?

No, you only need to unlock your vault once with your one master password for access to all your items. There are not two passwords (unless you're talking about the stand-alone version, then yes, you should set them to be the same to avoid confusion). The short answer is that you can think of your master password as your account password. In reality (the long answer) is that we actually don't use account passwords at all. We authenticate with a protocol called "SRP", which is a zero-knowledge protocol: We don't know your master password.

The result is that your master password is the only password you need. Hope that helps!

You say...(...contact customer service...) to ask about the one day offer from Dave for a 6 month trial. But how do I find such a contact...it is nowhere on any of your web options??

Sorry about that, I found the promotion you're referencing. No need to contact us; the sign up link is included in the email Dave sent out, just use that link to sign up and you'll get the promotion.

Cheers,
    Steven.

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

ALL I tried to use Daves offer... for 6 mon trial..

NOTHING is right about this procedure.. even though others may understand it.

I DID obtain a 1PASSWORD,com account ...I THINK? can you check that?
    Got the email... Signin address... got Account keyOK... signed into 1password.com...
    At THAT point I get a ERROR box ... (See attached)

From then on I am dead in the water..

BTW how do you drop in an image (such as the error box)?

I quit... im not sure what happened...

Hope the error box shows???

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

That error box shows I screwed up somewhere, doesn't it? Using my iPad...Settings indicate that indeed I have a 1Password.com account...
    I haven't printed the emer... Stuff as I am in my Den w/ my iPad....so I won't try further.
    I'll wait till I get some idea from you all what to do next.

You know....this shows that Nothing beats a call center to trouble shoot my type of startup problems
    Oh well..I will be at work on Tuesday all day...will hit this on Wednesday ...OK?
    Jim B
    PS At least my standalone installs all work fine!!

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @three-cushion,

Looks like you're doing a fine job getting set up, hang in there! :)

ALL I tried to use Daves offer... for 6 mon trial.. I DID obtain a 1PASSWORD,com account ...I THINK? can you check that?

Yes, you did manage to set up the account and it looks fine.

At THAT point I get a ERROR box ... (See attached)

I'll have someone look into the crash. It's not your fault; it shouldn't be crashing. You'll want to make sure your 1Password.com account is added to the 1Password desktop app; open the 1Password desktop app and go into Preferences, then "Accounts", and make sure your account is listed there. If it's not, you can add it to the list by pressing the "+" button. To automatically fill in the settings, there's some instructions here on how to do that by using the QR codes to automatically fill in your account settings: https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/

To manually configure the account you'll need the account key from your emergency kit, your email address, your master password, and the URL of the 1Password website you received from the signup. For individual accounts like yours, this is always "my.1password.com" (no quotes). You can follow a similar process with the iPad to make sure it's connected to your 1Password.com account, too.

• ag_andrew
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @three-cushion,

Thanks for sending in that crash report. This is a problem we've been having with 1Password under macOS 10.10. We've logged the bug and will be addressing it in an upcoming release.

In the meantime you should still be able to add your 1Password.com Account to 1Password for Mac by following the steps @ssoroka mentioned:

Open the 1Password desktop app and go into Preferences, then "Accounts", and make sure your account is listed there. If it's not, you can add it to the list by pressing the "+" button. To automatically fill in the settings, there's some instructions here on how to do that by using the QR codes to automatically fill in your account settings: https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/

To manually configure the account you'll need the account key from your emergency kit, your email address, your master password, and the URL of the 1Password website you received from the signup. For individual accounts like yours, this is always "my.1password.com" (no quotes). You can follow a similar process with the iPad to make sure it's connected to your 1Password.com account, too.

Please do let us know if that works for you.

– Andrew

ref: OPM-4863

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

OK?... I got the 1PW account added into 1PW preferences.

Also....all primary vault from standalone were transferred to "Personal" vault...is that OK?
    I opted to NOT delete old Primary vault!!

I have NO clue how to use the QR code...never have done anything like that in past 25 years,..

In 1PW Pref...there is a button at bottom labeled "Add Devices"
    Click on that and get...a panel with QR code...

Next says ?.Scan this QR code into PWD on your other devices...

How? Options are ..Send link.... Or Done???
    Send Link Locations are Mail, Or Messages.... If I do that then what do I do?

I am lost ....what to do now?
    NOTE ...when I signed out of 1PW ..get a message...vault not available....AND...the prefs no longer contain my 1PW account info!!
    Wow...I don't understand this at all!
    I opted to NOT delete my old Vault...thank goodness!!! I still can work will standalone 1PW!!

Need more guidance

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Ssoroka stated: you can follow similar ...process...in iPad... To see if it is connected to 1Password.com.....

Wait...there is no Preferences in iOS?? So..how do you see if it is connected or not?

I am getting more confused the farther I go!!

Guys.....standalone is SO MUCH more user friendly.....I wonder why I am trying this!!

• Hi @three-cushion,

You don't have to scan the QR code, it's just a nice fast way of filling out the account details during the sign-in process (URL, email address, Account Key).

I'm glad you got the account added to 1Password for Mac, that's great!

When you're ready to add your iOS device(s) to your 1Password Account you can launch 1Password for iOS, go to "Settings", then "1Password Accounts" > "Add Existing Account".

You can either tap the "Scan Account Details" button to scan the QR code you saw earlier, or enter the login information manually, the same way you did on your Mac.

Once you have verified that all your items have been migrated to your 1Password Account's Personal vault, you can safely delete your old Primary vault.

And make sure you write down your Account Key and Master Password and keep them in a safe place. We cannot reset/restore those for you (we do not have access to them).

– Andrew

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Andrew: Now in iMac i have access to my data via "personal" . after login to my.1password.com.
    Also I still have the same data in my old vault (standalone) that I "can" still open with the 1PW icon from the Dock.

Will there ever be an icon I put in the Dock to open my 1PW Personal vault located in my.1password.com?

OR,,,most likely,....
    Each time I use my iMac and I want access to my Personal Vault, I MUST login to my.1password.com?
    Actually it takes TWO logins to get the Personal vault to appear?

So...We lose the useful icon click to bring up 1PW...as now available in standalone?

DRAT!!! it JUST NOW signed me out of Personal vault after 10 minutes of inactivity!! How do I change THAT?

Jim B
    PS I am not goig on to other devices until I get the iMac procedure down...

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Andrew: I fixed the 10 minute limit.....

I now see the need to ONLYlogin in one time for 1password.com...

However...if a login to ANY of my acounts, the fill in doesn't work....I have to use the mini icon
    To login add MasterPW then I get Fill in to work...

BTW as I use the new 1PW, will my old systems all work? I.e., sync w/ Dropbox?
    Can I run the old and the new side by side on iMac? Will it cause

YES. My old vault is duplicated!! Darn it I'm stumped

Still not sure I like this new approach....seems very overly complicating compared to standalone..

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

blank post. Sorry!

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Just checked...my old vault in iOS.....is OK

The old vault in iMac is now Duplicated...times TWO!!
    Just checked...my Personal (my.1password.com version) vault is OK !!

WHEW!

Shall I now trash the old vault in iMac? Best way to do that?

I guess I'm committed now....I lost track of how to move my iPad &iPhone over to subscribe version.

Please repeat the process...OK

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

BTW I used support@1password.com to update you all...

Main problem: After trashing the OLD standalone app in iMac (moved to Trash,,, not using any app trasher app) ... I lost mini 1PW in my iMac ...which is now devoted to 1password,com subscription version.. Is that right?
    Problem: with new 1PW in Mac,;autofill not working... then i noted that mini 1PW in toolbar was not working...

sorry to be of so much trouble.. but this migration to 1password,com has been Painfull!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @three-cushion, we seem to have caused you a lot of confusion. I apologize for that. For the sake keeping things focused, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. We can then discuss solutions to your by email. Here's how to send us a Diagnostics Report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• three-cushion
    three-cushion
    Community Member
    Options

Roman: OK diag report plus message on its way..

Here is Diag ID # = #QUB-33648-631

Thanx for helping
    Jim B

This discussion has been closed.