1Password Mini does not auto submit in Firefox

Options

Mini does not auto submit when I use it to open the website and login, it stops after filling login information. However if the website is already opened and I invoke Mini using shortcut then it do auto submit.
I also did a screen recording to help you in understanding the problem in case it is not clear from above text.
Using Firefox 52.0 (64 bit)
The link to recording.

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini autosubmit

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Gurpreet007,

The extension is unable to shift focus away from the address bar and our submit feature does require that the password field has focus for it to work. Instead of manually opening a new tab in Firefox before using 1Password's open and fill can you try using 1Password from the existing tab, just like you did in the recording. Search for the item you want to open and select it. 1Password will open a new tab and you should find that as focus isn't in the address bar that the submit works. Please let us know if you find this works for you as it does for me :smile:

• Gurpreet007
    Gurpreet007
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @littlebobbytables

The 1Password extension shortcut from an already opened tab only works if existing tab (i.e. from where I am using shortcut) does not exist in 1Password database. If I have also saved the login info for existing tab then shortcut do nothing.

In case I am not clear above:
    Lets say X, Y and Z are three websites. X and Y exist in my 1Password database and Z doesn't.
    1. On using 1Password Mini shortcut (Cmd /) from Z, the 1Password window popup and let me search for Y. Auto submit to Y also works in this case as you mentioned.
    2. However on using shortcut from X, nothing happens and I can't open Y. I have to switch to new tab in this case. At least this is my observation, there may be some other problem also.

Also, I am facing auto submit problem on Firefox only, Safari used to work fine. Auto submit used to work every time in Safari.

• Gurpreet007
    Gurpreet007
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables

FWIW, 1Password Shortcut is not working from netflix.com, wikipedia.org and flipkart.com, all of which exist in my 1Password Login Database.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @Gurpreet007,

The keyboard shortcut ⌘\ instructs 1Password to fill the current page. The reason it is showing you the 1Password mini menu on a blank page is that there is no matching Login item. Can you try using the keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ instead please. This keyboard shortcut's purpose is simply to show you the 1Password mini menu. 1Password will show you any matching Login items for the open page but it will also offer you the chance to look for a Login item to use with open and fill.

If you prefer opening a new tab in Firefox then clicking on the empty tab so that focus isn't in the address bar will also work, I just personally prefer having 1Password open the new tab for me. I believe the same behaviour can be seen in Chrome too. I find Safari doesn't leave focus in the address bar after the page is loaded which is why it behaves differently.

• Gurpreet007
    Gurpreet007
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@littlebobbytables

Wow, ⌥⌘\ works great. I will use that.

Clicking the new tab to un-focus the address bar trick also works. Auto Submit works in that case. Serves my purpose.

You guys are awesome! Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad lil bobby was able to help. I love the keyboard shortcuts too! And we're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.