To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Family license vs. Family account

Options
rudyspinola
rudyspinola
Community Member

Hi,

I've had a family license for 1Password 6 for a while now, and only just came around to installing it on my wife's (new) Mac. Installation and importing the license went fine.

Then, I created a family account, to make it easy for us both to share passwords. However, the family account - now imported into her 1Password - says i only have a trial and it ends in 30 days...

I'm confused as i already had a family license. Is the family sharing service then separate i.e. I'll have to pay you an incremental fee?

thanks in advance for your response!

Regards,
Rudy

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox / iCloud

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @rudyspinola - Thank you for reaching out and congrats on the new 1Password Families account :+1: A Family License is separate from a 1Password Families account. A family license includes access to using 1Password for Mac. 1Password Families is a subscription based account. You can invite up to 5 family members to join the account and each member of the family has access to all of our apps for every platform in addition to web access. We include a free 30 day trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features before having to associate a credit card to the account to keep it active. Sorry for the confusion between the two and keep me posted if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to help out. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.