To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Doubt with multi device and account

hello

1) I'm using the app from my iphone without an account, I have the complete app.
now i have just starting the 30 days licence for the account. there is my mistake, what will appen at the end of 30days

2) this is the real question. i would'like to use my app that is installed on iphone, in other device like android, or notebook with windows.
in this case i would like to guarantee access to a part of information saved in the app at my friends is we need.
(my friend with his device and his app should be log in into the app)
what is the best solution for me?
thank you
D

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

1) I'm using the app from my iphone without an account, I have the complete app. now i have just starting the 30 days licence for the account. there is my mistake, what will appen at the end of 30days

@diegocesariniFF: What is the mistake? If it is sensitive information, feel free to email us at support@1password.com

2) this is the real question. i would'like to use my app that is installed on iphone, in other device like android, or notebook with windows. in this case i would like to guarantee access to a part of information saved in the app at my friends is we need. (my friend with his device and his app should be log in into the app) what is the best solution for me?

I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like you want your friend to be able to access your account too. While this is not something we'd recommend, since they would have access to everything you store there, you can allow that if you wish. It is your data, after all.

• diegocesariniFF
    diegocesariniFF
    Community Member

1) The mistake is about the subscrition of the 30 days licence. I don’t need it, I’m using the app in my iphone from 2 years, and it works perfecly. what will be happen at the end of 30 days?

2) sorry for the english, but the italian auto-corrector in my phone change and shuffle some letters..
    so restart.
    i have the complete version app in my iphone with my data inside.
    A) i would like to log to my data with my notebook, what i have to do? (i don't have a monthly license, but I bought the full app in applestore)
    B) i Would like to share a part of my data with 2 others friends (they have their own app in device) is it possible?
    example
    direcatory "mydata" is the part of the account that only me could edit and view
    direcatory "sharedata" is the part of the account that me and my other friends could edit and view from any device.

I hope I was clear

• Hi @diegocesariniFF,

If you've only been using it on your iPhone and you want to use it on a PC you'll need to pay one way or another. Outside of the 1Password.com subscription, the app is sold per user per platform. Which means that what you purchased for iPhone won't translate to another device. You'll need a license for a Mac or Windows.

At the end of your 30 day trial for 1Password.com, the account will go Frozen. Meaning everything inside of it will become Read-Only. If you don't want the account you can simply sign in and go to Settings to delete the account that way.

If you want to share some data with others, you'll want to create a secondary vault and share it with another user via Dropbox. That's the only way to do it outside of 1Password.com. Dropbox is only free for a very small number of devices, so if you're trying to avoid paying anything extra that might be a limiting factor. You can learn more about how to sync via Dropbox here: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

If all of this sounds complicated... you're right. This is exactly why we built 1Password.com. This stuff is complicated, and we've worked really hard to make it much much easier.

Rick

• diegocesariniFF
    diegocesariniFF
    Community Member

Hi, Rick.
    all is clear. thank you.
    last question:
    if my friends and I will decide to subscrive a service with you to share some data, what type of account we need?
    per example
    i have my private data sync with icloud and i would like a generic vault sync with my friends
    my friends have android with their own data e they would been sync with my generic vault .

how it works?
    what we have to do and pay?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@diegocesariniFF: It isn't possible to share 1Password vaults via iCloud, or to sync with iCloud at all on Android devices. You'd need to setup 1Password Teams (or 1Password Families, but has less granular permissions, so I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using it in that context) and invite them, either as full team members or as guests (which have access only to a single shared vault). That will allow you to share data with them securely across all supported platforms.

• diegocesariniFF
    diegocesariniFF
    Community Member

perfect, thank you

• You're very welcome @diegocesariniFF. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.