To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

switch from local version to hosted - noticing a delay when adding new logins - was immediate before

Options
sonja887
sonja887
Community Member

I've been using a standalone license synced with dropbox seamlessly for a couple years. I switched to your hosted version and I notice when I'm adding or saving new logins, there is a delay of up to 5 minutes or more before the addition shows up in the vault. This is confusing and a drag, as I keep adding the login and nothing shows up. Please work on this.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: 1pw hosted
Referrer: forum-search:adding new logins delayed

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sonja887: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post to the Membership category of the forum since it doesn't seem to have anything to do with Saving and Filling in Browsers.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issue with communications with the 1Password servers. That's not normal at all though. It's less than 10 seconds for me, even halfway around the world. I appreciate that you may not want to divulge information here on a public forum for your privacy, so contacting us at support@1password.com may be better to exchange more details.

But the first thing you may want to consider is if you're using the best/closest option depending on where you live. So far, we have 3 different regional options:

• 1Password.com — eastern United States
    • 1Password.ca — central Canada
    • 1Password.eu — Germany

So that could certainly help. But another thing to consider is if there's just something with your setup that's resulting in a longer-than-necessary transit time between you and us. Are you using proxy, firewall, or other "security" software which may be interfering?

This discussion has been closed.